Monday, September 1, 2008

Re-reading

I am all into re-reading. There are many books I have read again and again and there are lot more I plan to re-read.

Amongst the books I have re-read are almost everything by Guy de Maupassant, The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas, Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome, Oliver Twist and David Copperfield by Charles Dickens, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carol, Illusions by Richard Bach, almost all the books by Enid Blyton, Tintin, Asterix, poetry books by many poets. There are many many that I can't recall now.

Soon I plan to re-read Half of a Yellow Sun and Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Kafka on the Shore by Murakami, East of Eden by John Steinbeck, and yet again poetry books. These are not all...

Re-reading for me means savouring! The familiarity offers comfort. Like having chocolates in midst of a crisis. And re-reading also means learning new things each time. To see the book in a new light. While re-reading, I pause and simply enjoy the words. Am I making any sense at all??


0 comments: