Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Each week, we get a theme to list our top tens. 

This week is all about Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition!

I will only list one name:

Warwick Deeping (1877-1950): A medical doctor, native of England, he left his practice to write novels. His most creative period was 1903-1950 and his most famous work was Sorrell and Son, 1925. He wrote some 60 odd novels and was very widely known in England and America. He wrote many historical novels and excelled in the Edwardian period. I have read around 10 of his novels, mostly pertaining to the time period he lived. The simplicity of the prose and complexity of the story make some of his novels outstanding. I would have read more but his books are unavailable. Right now I am trying to get hold of ebooks which are available for free. I do think that he needs to be read. Despite being a best-selling author in the 1920s and 1930s, for some reason, he is not at all known now. I hope some publisher thinks of resuscitating his books. It would be worth anything. Do check him out at wikipedia.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. I've never heard of him. I'll have to add him to my list. It helps that the e-books are free.