Friday, December 31, 2010

Sometimes Mine by Martha Moody

For Twelve years I loved a man I knew to be somebody's husband. I didn't think of him as a husband.

Title: Sometimes Mine
Author: Martha Moody
ISBN: 9781594484681
Publisher: Riverhead Books/2009
Pages: 326

Genie Toledo has everything going for her. She is a top cardiologist in Columbus, Ohio and has a long standing affair with Mick Crabbe, who is a well-known college basketball coach. He lives in West Virginia and they get to see each other every Thursday. Genie is comfortable with it. She is not really keen to be more involved. But things take an unexpected turn. And she is forced to face all this alone. Only then she realizes the importance of Mick in her life. And also tat she cannot go without connecting with others. That includes his family. And her daughter.

Two people, one of them married, find each other so much dependent on each other. One of them is terminally ill. And the other has to cope alone. Martha Moody touches our heart with her handling of this sensitive issue. We are touched by her words and our heart goes out for Genie and Mick. 

I am definitely going to read more by this author...

4 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

That sounds like an interesting book, I will have to see if my Library has a copy of it. I am trying to use the Library more, but, so often they don't have the books I want. So in the end I usually have to go buy the book and donate it to the library after I read it.

Happy Reading in 2011.

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Interesting. It sounds beautiful but I'm not sure I can cozy up to the idea of someone else's husband! ;O)

Julie said...

This sounds like an interesting book. I think it deserves to go on my wishlist. Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

So funny for me :) Are you ask why? i am waiting...
klip izle