Sunday, February 28, 2010

TSS: February Wrap-up

I had done a mid-February post and explained why I wasn't reading much. Now I can say I have read 7 books and total of 13 books in 2010. Not a big number but under the circumstances, I am happy with it. Sometimes life has much to offer other than reading. I am very comfortable where I am placed right now.

Here are the books, I read in February:

13) Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
12) Sworn to Silence by Linda
11) Leaving Yesterday by Kathryn Cushman
10) Buried Alive by Roy Hallums
9) Plain Pursuit by Beth Wiseman
8) Saving Rachel by John Locke
7) Try Darkness by James Scott Bell

Click on the titles to read my reviews. I would be posting the review of Something Borrowed in a short while. Also plan to start a book too after that. Not bad, eh?!

12 comments:

Darlyn said...

that's lucky no. 8! at least you did more than i did. i only read 6 books this month =(

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You had a great month. I liked Sworn to Silence and look forward to the Paul Harris book as well. Happy Reading in March!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

When you mentioned a count for the month, I had to scratch my head, but then I recalled that I had created this new document at the beginning of the year, in which I'm keeping track of books read. So at the end of the year, I'll know how many. I'm also tracking how many I BUY this year, which is important, since I'm in denial about that! LOL.

So I checked my document and was surprised that I've read 13 books in February. And I may finish another one today.

That's really a lot higher than my usual, which is about 8. Two books a week is my norm. I'm thinking it's the fact that it's been yucky weather, which is conducive to staying in and reading. And it helps that I'm retired from my primary career and now I'm free-lancing (as a writer).

My Salon is here:

http://laurel-rainsnowsaccidentallife.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunday-salon_28.html

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Sometimes we start slowly, but finish strong.

I gave your blog an award!

fredamans said...

Good month for you.

I look forward to reading the Paul Harris book also.

Yvonne said...

You had a very good month!

Eva said...

Congrats on breaking out of your slump! :)

Terri said...

Great reading progress - and yes, there are other wonderful things to do besides reading! I haven't heard of any of the books on your February list!

Andrea said...

I think you did very well this month. Have a Happy March!

CeeCee said...

You're right, life does have more to offer than reading. We have to find balance. Enjoy your March readings!

Susan said...

You read a lot this month! My reading has taken a downturn since I started my new job.

Staci said...

I think you had a great month and yes, there is so much more to life than reading. For me though with the bad weather and snow that's all I want to do!! Hope March is filled with great books too!