Sunday, February 14, 2010

TSS: Mid February and only two books read!

The Sunday Salon.com

2010 started with a good note for me. Personally I am on the top of the world and next few months, I will undergo major changes in my life. I am really looking forward to that. I feel blessed and in a very happy state which I know will continue for a long time to come.

Why am I saying all this here? In my joyous state, I am not able to read much. I have to do so much right now that reading simply doesn't happen. I am not really worried but I would like to read more. In February, I have only managed to read two books. Not a good score for me. Irony is, I don't feel guilty and enjoying my life as it is now. I have started a lot of books but finishing those has taken a backseat.

However, I am writing a lot of poetry as I feel inspired and words flow out of me.

Another aspect of this is I have not been visiting my favourite blogs and commenting. I do read those on my google reader but interaction has stopped from my side for a while now. My regular commenters do visit me although I haven't. I know I will get back to reading, commenting but right now my priorities are in a different plane.

*Update: I finished another book today. That makes it three!

8 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

Enjoy your time at the moment. It sounds like everything is good. I haven't read much either this month. I had such a wonderful January and read loads, but I am struggling to get into a book at the moment.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

No need to feel guilty about only reading 2 books. Do what you enjoy; life is short.

Nan said...

I'm glad life is going so well for you! Enjoy every minute of it!

bermudaonion said...

It's nice to know that life is good for you now! You'll get back to reading when you have the time, so don't stress over it!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Yes, we do have to balance our lives and allow the good stuff to flow in! There'll be a time for reading again.

My Salon:

http://laurel-rainsnowsaccidentallife.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunday-salon_14.html

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Perhaps everything does NOT distill into reading, then? ;->

No, I really, really am joking. Enjoy the wonderful moments of this time in your life. Life is very short. Reading is just one part.

Veens said...

I am hoping that whatever changes are happening, make you happy always!

I am glad to hear you are having gr8 time :)

God bless!

Anna said...

Don't worry about not reading as much! Sounds like you're doing well and enjoying life, and that's most important.

I haven't read very much this month either because my life is hectic in a not-so-great way. Ah, well.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric