Saturday, June 25, 2016

Saturday Snapshot: Vacations are for gosipping

Posting for Saturday Snapshot, hosted by Melinda of West Metro Mommy

#SummerMasti #KillerHeat #KalamkariLove #kalamkarikraze #BlockPrint
#CreativeMaa #ILoveMyDoll

Gate crashed into a colleague's place. We chatted and chatted and chatted. In real. Everyone should do that once in while....

I had this doll when I was 8 years old. Nothing special as such but I loved it to bits. It had disintegrated except for the face. Maa renewed it in totality and stitched a new dress for her too, from the scraps she accumulates. I have fallen in love with my doll again. 

Her bonnet and skirt are block printed and top is bandhani.







I wore this kalamkari kurti with a Gujarati embroidery patch with a block print Umbrella skirt. The top was stitched by maa. 




`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Chatting with an old friend is the best. I'm glad your mom was able to save your doll!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

When I was very little, we restored things and made them last. Now, it's out with the trash at the first crack or tear. Wish we did more to save old special things here. Enjoy.

http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/06/bookexpo-authors.html

grammajudyb said...

I love seeing your post about your ethnic clothing. So glad your mom could restore your doll. What a treasure. Thanks for sharing the facts about the fabric used.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Your mother is an accomplished seamstress! I enjoy the photos you post of your clothing. So colorful and lovely.
Times with old friends are the best.

Margot said...

I love the embroidered square. Such fine and delicate work. Thanks for sharing.

Vedika @ Poems and Poets said...

Thanks for Sharing the pictures with us! It's great that your mom sowed a new dress for your doll- must have brought back dozens of memories.

Enjoy your weekend!

Vicki said...

I like your doll! Glad your mom could fix her!