Thursday, April 22, 2010

Booking Through Thursdays: Earth Day

btt  button

It’s Earth Day … what are you reading? Are your reading habits changing for the sake of the environment? What are you doing for the sake of the planet today?

What I enumerate here is what I have been doing for a long time to save our earth:

1) I always write on both sides of paper. If one side has print on it, I use the other side to jote down lists, thoughts and so many other stuff.

2) I try re-using envelopes, paper clips, files and folders.

3) I clean the AC filters once a week.

4) I also clean the refrigerator regularly.

5) I make use of low wattage CFL to light up my rooms.

6) I use jute bags to carry stuff.

7) I turn off electrical appliances when those are not in use. That includes my PC too!

8) I email instead of writing paper letters.

9) I am a member of a car pool, which saves on the fuel.

10) I water my plants early in the morning or late in the evenings.

The list is, in no way, exhaustive...

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I re-use paper too! I have a big stack of paper that's only been used on one side - it's my scrap paper.

Anonymous said...

Great answers! Happy BTT....

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

way to go !

sadly, i am at a juncture where i need to use loads of print outs ... but am reducing it , and trying to avoid late nights to avoid electricity wastage

great job that you are doing !

fredamans said...

I do my part also! Thank you for coming by this day!

Happy Earth Day!

pussreboots said...

I do all those things too. My BTT is here.

jlshall said...

Great list! I try to do most of those things, too - although I'm always forgetting about the fridge cleaning. I should go do that right now! Happy Earth Day!