Saturday, March 29, 2008

Shop your closet by Melanie Charlton Fascitelli

Title: Shop your Closet
Author: Melanie Charlton Fascitelli
ISBN: 9780061343810
Publisher: Collins----An Imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers
Pages: 147

The copy I received is an uncorrected proof for reviewing purposes from Collins. This one is for reviewing purposes. The real cover is shown here.

This is a very useful book which tells us how to optimise our closet space. Most of us are pack rats. First thing we should do is, to let go of clothes which we have not used for two years. We should slot those into throw, give away and keep piles. Only those kinds of clothes should be be bought which last longer because of the eternal feel. Fashion should not be rigidly followed. We should know how to co-ordinate our clothes and accessories.

The tips are very practical and useful. Different types of clothes and shoes need different types of storage space. We are given on tips for those too. And before storing we should clean each and every piece of items. That will make those last longer and prevent from insects and pests too. Then there is one chapter devoted to storage of medicines, CDs, other knick knacks.

I especially liked what to pack while going for a holiday. It also tells us how to create closet space when our significant other moves in. And how not to go nuts thinking about that!

I liked the advice. I am a pack rat. Now I am going to reduce my wardrobe and keep only those that I need. As I am moving house, I found this vey useful.

0 comments: