Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: September 3


We just celebrated Ganesha's Birthday. Hence I post four of the numerous Ganesha idols I possess. We did the actual Puja for the metallic one.
Posted for Saturday Snapshot, hosted by Alyce of At Home With books.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These are from Amazon.com.
Lord Ganesh Ganesha Beautiful Hindu Statues for Gifts and Ceremony 2.25" Hand MadeGanesh (Ganesha) Hindu Elephant God of Success Real Bronze Powder Cast Statue, 7 1/4-inchHindu God Ganesha Jewelry, White Metal Ganesh Pendant in Black Thread NecklaceDancing Ganesha (Ganesh), Hindu Elephant God of Success Statue, 8-1/2 InchesGanesha 2 1/4"Rare Lord Ganesh Ganesha Beautiful Statues 2.5" Hindu Good Luck GodGanesh 1.75" Small & Detailed Brass Statue - Individually Made In IndiaHindu God Ganesh: Hand Carved Wood Ganesha Statue, 6 Inches HighSeated Lord Ganesha (Ganesh) Hindu Elephant God of Success God StatueGanesh Little ThinkerGanesha Statue Hinduism Gods World Religion BrassGold Plated Ganesha Pendant with Imitation DiamondsReligious Statues Brass Ganesha in Sitting Posture 2.5 x 4.5 x 5.5 inchesHand Painted Wooden Ganesh Statue

19 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love the blue one!

Helen's Book Blog said...

Fantastic Ganesh statue photos!

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

I see from your previous post that you're in a reading slump. I also see that Ganesha is the Lord of Obstacles - may he remove your reading obstacle very soon!

Carol said...

Lovely photos.

I do enjoy your sat posts.

I learnt about Ganesh with the year 2 group when I was a teaching assistant at school.

carol

Trish said...

Beautiful! Especially the blue one. The pendants are pretty too.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

What a stunning collection!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

They are gorgeous! I love interesting collections. Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty statues.

Paulita said...

I agree that the blue one is my favorite. I don't know very much about Ganesha, but he/she looks cheery in that photo.

Alyce said...

Yours are beautiful!

Tales of Whimsy said...

What a great collection! :)

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Those are beautiful. I hadn't heard of Ganesh before. Always enjoy learning more about others cultures.

Anonymous said...

I have heard of Ganesha before but had to look up Puja. Thanks for introducing me to something new!

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

Oh wow, I love those! My neighbor when I was a kids collected those too, I always liked looking at them.

Bev Hankins said...

What lovely artistry! And I, too, love the blue one!

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/09/saturday-snapshot-september-3.html

Vicki said...

I don't know a thing about Ganesh or Puja...I'm going to have to look them up!

Book Dragon said...

thanks for stopping by....I love the blue one too!

jlshall said...

Wonderful collection! That blue one is stunning.

Staci said...

these are cool! the second one is awesome!!