Monday, September 26, 2011

Mondays: Musings/Mailbox/What Are You Reading


What does it take for you to give up on a book you’re reading?

A bad story line and weak characters..

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her BooksLeah from Amused by Books  is hosting for the month of September.

I received ONE book from Stacy, Carrie by Stephen King and downloaded 20 free e-books from Amazon. Well, all are light reads (cozy mysteries, romance etc) but so what? I had fun downloading!!
1) The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook (Everything (Cooking)
2) Sarah's Diary 
3) The Oak Leaves 
4) The Fashion Police (Amber Fox Mystery)
5) Enemies and Playmates
6) Trace the Dead Eye 
7) The Manicurist
8) Kissing Kelli (A Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy #1)
9) My Heart Remembers 
10) Lonely Millionaire
11) The Shakespeare Manuscript 
12) Gaze Of Intent
13) Restoring Hope (Native American Romance Series Book 1)
14) Maid for the Billionaire (Book 1) (Legacy Collection)
15) Texas Hold Him (Leisure Historical Romance) 
16) Touched by Angels
17) Mama Does Time (A Mace Bauer Mystery) 
18) The Preacher's Bride 
19) Without A Word 
20) The Inconvenient Duchess

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.

I did manage to read two e-novels yesterday on my laptop via Kindle for PC. Both romances. I think that is what will get me back into reading.


1) Lonely Millionaire by Carol Grace
2) The Inconvenient Duchess by Christine Merrill 

25 comments:

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Most of these are new to me, Enjoy! I love free Ebooks.

Ryan said...

I'm so jealous of anyone who has the patience for ebooks. I just can't do it for some reason. Have a great week.

Mystica said...

Quite a haul. Enjoy them all.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Wow!!! That's quite a haul.


Here is mine

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow, what a great collection! Hope you enjoy them all.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your reading.

Book of Secrets said...

Wow! Great haul this week. I love cozy mysteries.

Enjoy your books!

Veens said...

Awesome. Let me know if all of them are good :) And I will download it too :)

Raine said...

The same thing goes with me too. These ebooks are new to me. When I clicked on the "Trace the Dead", other related spooky titles came up. "The Shadowing" and "From Within" to name a few. Enjoy your reads. I can't wait to explore this Kindle on PC thingie. I'm hoping to come back again here since I haven't read most of the summaries. :D

Anne said...

I am addicted to free e-books. I have gotten some really good books that I have enjoyed for free.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Those Kindle books will keep you busy; enjoy.

Jenny Q said...

You've got a lot of reading ahead of you! The Preacher's Bride is on my list!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Here's my response to the musing:

MY MUSING MONDAYS POST and
MY WEBSITE

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Lots of fun ebooks!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Those free ebooks are so much fun. I hope they are all good reads!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! your mailbox.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/mailbox-monday.html

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

I think my biggest turn off is bad writing more than plot or characters.

Vicki said...

That's a lot of free books!! I'll have to check some of them out.

Unknown said...

29 free books, good for you!

I was excited when you said you read 2 books yesterday! Yay! You're getting back into the reading thing!

I have been experiencing a bit of a reading slump this past week...very bad timing bewcause I'm reading some good books but I just don't feel excited.

Enjoy your books! I hope you have a good week.

Aisle B said...

wow that's what I call great download of freebies!

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I still love the feel of a book in my hands but eventually I will get into ebooks when I get an ereader. Enjoy your books!

caite said...

bad story...bad characters...I am gone!

Anonymous said...

Hope you like Carrie!

Serena said...

free ebooks are good, though I have yet to read any on my kindle. I'm sad I know. I hope you enjoy your books and Carrie is one of my favorites, though I'm reading IT right now in a read-a-long with Anna.

Anna said...

Hope all those light cozies help you break out of your reading slump!

Staci said...

I'm so addicted to free books for my Kindle!! Love your list...enjoy!