Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday: Musings/Mailbox/Whereabouts

Musing Mondays (BIG)
Do you take notes while reading – either for your reviews or for yourself? How/where do you make these notes (on the page, post-its, scrap paper, notebooks etc)?

I have never been known to make notes when I read..for myself or my reviews. While reading, I prefer no distractions. And I rely on my memory to write a review even after few months without consulting the book.

I always carry a journal, which is exclusively for my poetry and nothing else. My muse might strike anywhere and I don't like to be unprepared for that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday Mailbox is hosted by Marcia, In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and New Crayons is hosted by Color Online. Check all three, which are related to books you receive in the past week.

I received the following books in the mail this past week:

1) What the Bayou Saw by Patti Lacy
2) Dust by Susan Berliner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I finished: (1-6 during the 24 Hour Readathon)

1) The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny
2) Meggie's Remains by Joanne Sundel
3) Dust by Susan Berliner
4)
Judah's Lion by Anne Caston --Poetry
5) The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell
6) Receive Me Falling by Erica Robuck
7) Kiss Me Again, Stranger by Daphne du Maurier


I am in the midst of reading:

Theft of Time by Terry Pratchett
Cult Insanity by Irene Spencer

I plan to read:

72 Virgins by Avi Perry

I posted review of:

Kiss Me Again, Stranger by Daphne du Maurier
Yes, My Darling Daughter by Margaret Leroy

19 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You had a great read-a-thon! Dust looks interesting to me - hope you enjoy it!

Sandra said...

You did well to read six books during the read-a-thon. Dust certainly has an interesting premise for a suspenseful story. I look forward to your thoughts about it.

Alaine said...

You did so well reading 6 books during the read-a-thon. Hope you have a great week.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Congrats on your read-a-thon reading!

Nise' said...

Excellent accomplishment during the read-a-thon!

Not a note take while reading.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you read some great books this week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ohh, several of your books sound tempting! I really NEED the Rebecca DuMaurier book! I have Cult Insanity on my shelf...

My post is here:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com

Teddyree said...

Well done on an awesome read-a-thon!! Hope this week is a good one for you too :-)

Jennifer said...

You had a brilliant read-a-thon. Have a great week of reading.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

You did great during the read-a-thon. What The Bayou Saw looks interesting.

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Wow - you did great during the readathon! I only managed 2.5 books during it, but finished the other 0.5 yesterday and several more earlier in the week.

Marie said...

Sounds like you had a great read-a-thon! I really want to get The Imposters Daughter soon, it sounds really interesting.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the reading you were able to do during the read-a-thon! Hope you had fun :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did so well for the read-aton! Way to go. :)

Yvonne said...

Congrats on the read-a-thon - you did amazing!

I don't take notes either, but I always write my reviews before I go onto the next one.

Wendi said...

I've heard great things about What the Bayou Saw, and love the title :)

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

I use large post it notes when reading - they sub well as book marks too :)

This way if there is something that catches me I can write it down and leave it peaking out of that page so I can find it quickly again.

Ruthie said...

Those are some interesting books on your list! A few I might have to look into some more!

Have a great week!

Anna said...

I don't take notes while I read either. I might flag a passage or two, but that's about it.

Congrats on an awesome Read-a-Thon!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric