Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Finds: Ghostwritten by David Mitchell

Ghost Written by David Mitchell
Synopsis taken from Borders

An apocalyptic cult member carries out a gas attack on a rush-hour metro, but what connects him to a jazz buff in Tokyo? A woman on a holy mountain talks to a tree - and the tree talks back - unaware of the effect the financial irregularities of a burnt-out lawyer will have on her life. Add to this - a Mongolian gangster, a redundant English spy in Petersburg with a knack for forging masterpieces, a despondent 'zookeeper', a nuclear scientist, a ghostwriter, a ghost, and a late night New York DJ whose hard-boiled scepticism has been his undoing. All of them have tales to tell, and all must play their part as they are caught up in the inescapable forces of cause and effect.

10 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

For a minute I had this book confused with one I loved. Ghost Writer, John Harwood, but then realized I had never read the book you are writing about.

So many books with similar titles LOL

Belle said...

This one sounds really exciting - so many things going on!

serendipity_viv said...

I tried reading Black Swan Green by David Mitchell and really didn't enjoy it, so not sure if I would like this one.

Kristi said...

Haven't read anything by this author - curious as to how everything will fit together. I will be watching for more on this one.

Unknown said...

This sounds like a book where a lot is going on but the one that might be worth a try.

Darlene said...

I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds intriguing.

Ti said...

Wow!! This one sure sounds like a page turner.

avisannschild said...

Yikes, that sounds a little too strange to me!

Bryan R. Terry said...

Okay, now that sounds fascinating. And you say I find interesting books.

My Finds are HERE

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

Wow, a lot going on in that one. I'm curious as to how it all connects!