Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Top Ten "Older" Books You Don't Want People To Forget About

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the BookishEach week, we get a theme to list our top tens. 

This week's Top Ten pick : Top Ten "Older" Books You Don't Want People To Forget About 

This is a difficult one!! One gets repetitive.....However here I go: 

1) Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing
2) Daniel's Story by Carol Matas
3) Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
4) Night by Elie Wiesel
5) Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
6) Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky
7) The Painted Bird by Jerzy Kosiński
8) Othello by William Shakespeare
9) The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
10) The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I listened to Night many years ago and have always wanted revisit with the paper version this time. Such a powerful story. Great choice.

Nikki in Niagara said...

Great list! I've heard of most of them... but only read 2 & 10. Have wanted to read Night for years.

Here's my TTT

James said...

An inspirational list that includes some of my personal favorites. Older books that stirred my soul and I look forward to returning to again and again.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I haven't read any of these titles but I have Suite Francaise and I heard wonderful things about Frankl's book.

thecuecard said...

Great list. Hooray for your Shackleton pick at #1. I can never forget what he did & survived at the South Pole ! Great book & choice.