Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday: Mailbox/What am I reading?/Musings

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her BooksShe is the host of MM for the month of October.

I received ONE books in my mailbox, thanks to Hachette India:

1) Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her BooksShe is the host of MM for the month of October.

I received ONE books in my mailbox:

1) It Takes a Murder by Anu KumarWhen Gautam Dogra is found murdered in his study one afternoon in the small hill station of Brooks Town, the police dismiss it as a relatively simple case. But Charlotte Hyde knows well that a murder never happens in a day-it follows its own timeline. As Kerketta, Charlotte's old retainer, always said, a murder is written into your life at the very beginning. As Charlotte begins telling the story of Dogra's death, it soon becomes clear that his story can only be fully understood in the light of many other stories. Of her estranged daughter, Maddy, of the political climes in which they lived. Of lost hopes and lost loves, of small humiliations and disillusions and, above all, of the slow incitement to violence that the terror of loss brings into quiet lives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey

I finished reading:

Nothing. As I wrote here before, I have Central serous retinopathy in my left eye....which is fluid leakage under the retina....that means I have blurred vision for now....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Do you ever get crushes on fictional characters? Name one (or a few), and tell what you liked…

In my younger days, I had crushes on fictional characters, like Mr Rochester but not any more.....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Murder is written into your life at the very beginning" - That is so haunting! What a great line though. Enjoy your reads.

Tanya Patrice said...

Oh my gosh - I hope you have a speedy recovery and can bounce back better than ever.

bermudaonion said...

Oh, I bet that's a great book! Enjoy!

Kaye said...

That sounds like a really good one! Have a great week and happy reading! <(")

West Virginia Red said...

I hope that you recover soon. I would be at a loss without the ability to read. Are you compensating by listening?

Cathy De Los Santos said...

I feel like i constantly have blurry vision, but for me I'm sure it's just my contacts. Hope all is well. Here's my Musing

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good thriller.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday.html

Ciska said...

Hope you get better soon and will be able to read again.
It Takes a Murder sounds very intriguing have fun reading it.

My MM

Unknown said...

Aw, yes, Mr. Rochester :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/10/musing-mondays_22.html

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

The book sounds good, but take of that eye. Perhaps some audiobooks for a while until it heals.

Elizabeth said...

I like the cover. ENJOY!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday-10222012.html

Anonymous said...

Mr. Rochester is a worthy choice :)

Anna said...

I hope you're vision clears up soon!

Alyce said...

I've finally had some time to catch up on blog reading today and just saw your post about your eye problem. I hope it heals quickly!