Thursday, August 2, 2012

Booking Through Picking and Choosing


btt button


Overall, what factor most influences your choice of your next read?

Many a times, it is not I but a particular book decides for me. I stand in front of one of my bookshelves, and wait for a book to call out to me. It can be anything. The genre I have been reading or something entirely different. I have never been disappointed.

What is it that makes you want to read a book by an author you have never read before?

Recommendations from people I know or book bloggers I trust do influence me in reading a new author. But then the genre I like is also a deciding factor. There can never be any hard and fast rule!

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm usually scrambling to read for my book club, an author event or another commitment.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Good answer! I don't know that I would enjoy reading following some sort of guideline -- like you, it just has to hit me!

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I am sad to say that often it's the book cover speaking to my inner "cover whore" that draws me to a book