Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Dead Again by Tracy Cooper-Posey

"He’s going to run into the wall, Sophie thought. Help him. Stop him. But she would never get there in time and even as she was cursing her immobility and the damn stupid leg, she was trying to raise herself, while watching Jack stagger.
Then, thankfully, he tripped a little, enough to throw his balance as he was already effectively blind. One knee went down to the ground. In the slow motion tumble to his left, Sophie thought he’d be okay, bruised dignity and little else. Then she saw it. He was too close to the wall.
And he couldn’t see it.
Too late."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Dead Again
Author: Tracy Cooper-Posey
ASIN: B009GB154E
Publisher: Tracy Cooper-Poesy/2012
Pages: 270/524 KB


Sophie and Jack are the only survivors of a plane crash. Both have suffered extensive injuries. Despite his injuries, Jack makes everything in his power to make Sophie comfortable. They develop an unusual bond although Jack is very clinical in his caring for Sophie. They are rescued 5 days later. Jack succumbs to his injuries.

Sophie, an aspiring lawyer, gives up on her big dreams and marries and has two kids, settling down in Serenity Falls, a small Montana Rockies town. Now a single mom, she runs a small cafe. There is something vital missing in her life.

Ten years later, Martin comes into her life. He is a drifter with a past. Sophie senses that he holds the key to her happiness. Only he can bridge her present with her past. He knows he must not let Sophie get close to him. 

All kinds of people are after Martin, which puts Sophie directly in the cross-hairs. A deadly crime lords, state governors and district attorneys, they all are hell bent on finding out about Sophie's relationship with Martin. 

This is a romantic suspense and sucks the reader into it right from the beginning. We want to know what is the relationship between Jack and Martin. Sophie is not a simpering kind of person. She knows what she wants and goes for it, fully well knowing the risks. She knows how to deal with the corrupt Chief of Police who is seeking her attention. If anyone wants the explicit romance kind of thing, then it is not for them. But if one seeks a book with feelings, I would say go for it. After a long time, I found a novel which stays in mind long after finishing it. So much so that, I was inspired to write a poem about it. If you want, you can read it here.

BTW, I downloaded it free from Amazon. 

22 comments:

Beth F said...

Yikes!! That would make me keep reading!

I'm playing this week here.

grammajudyb said...

Wow! That makes quite a picture in my mind. I would definitely keep reading. Thanks for sharing.

JLS Hall said...

I don't read a lot of romantic suspense, but this one sounds attractive. Thanks for the teaser!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Very suspenseful! Not my usual genre, but the suspense would reel me in. Thanks for sharing.

Here's
MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Nise' said...

I would keep reading. Not familiar with this author. Enjoy.

Tea said...

Airplane crash survivors is interesting.

Paulita said...

This sounds like quite a trauma. Here's Mine

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really good one :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/11/teaser-tuesdays_19.html

kayerj said...

wow, what a plot line. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Literary Feline said...

From the intro, I'd want to read on. You've also got me curious about the connection between Jack and Martin.

A book that inspires a poem, but be good! I am glad you enjoyed this one, Gautami.

Love Africa Book Club said...

Lovely teaser and great review. I do want to know more.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

Good teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/11/teaser-tuesday_19.html

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Your teaser definitely made me want to read this book. I'm curious!
My Teaser is from THE HUSBAND'S SECRET.

Yvonne said...

This sound like my kind of read. I want to know more.

JC Jones said...

What at fascinating book. Click here to go to my TT

Anonymous said...

wow, tough!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Suspenseful, but not my genre so I probably would not read more. I hope you love it though.

fredamans said...

Very intriguing teaser!

Mystica said...

Definitely will continue. Keeping you on the edge intro!

Unknown said...

Great teaser!!

Anonymous said...

makes me what to know what happened next! great teaser. :) and thank you for dropping by my blog for my teaser. :)

Anonymous said...

by the way thank you also for the link to amazon. :)