Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Book of Someday by Dianne Dixon

"Olivia. The soles of her feet pressed hard against the same wood floor. Feeling the vibration of his every step. As he’s circling, gaining momentum, coming closer to the place where she’s hiding. Fierce jolts rippling through her. Edged on one side with terror, on the other with hope."


Title: The Book of Someday
Author: Dianne Dixon
ISBN: 9781402285721
Pages: 345
Publisher: Sourcebooks Store/2013

The Book of Someday revolves around three women, Livvi, Micah and AnnaLee. Livvi Gray has always been haunted by a recurring nightmare, the terrifying image of a beautiful woman in a shimmering silver dress. It does not go away. Micah is a famous photographer now diagnosed with cancer. AnnaLee is a Long Island housewife. The story is told in parallel for all three of them. They have never met.

Then one day, Livvi comes face-to-face with the stranger from her dream. She cannot rest until she learns more. She goes on a quest, meeting one of the other two protagonists. And it is the moment of truth for both of them. And how the third woman is connected is the crux of the story. 

The reader feels for Livvi, when she was abused by her step mother and an totally disinterested father. Micah is an renowned photographer but she has own demons to kill. She feels that her cancer is her punishment for a misjudgement. AnnaLee is so loving that she can encompass the negativity of other people. She stays in mind long after we finish the novel. 

I was totally pulled into the novel, wanting to know the relationship between the three. When two of them come face-to-face, it is one of the most emotional moments of the story. Suffering of one person, miscalculated decision of another results in destroying life and people. Yet there is enough forgiveness despite the grief. 

I have read the first book by Dianne Dixon, The Language of Secrets. I loved it. I recommend The Book of Someday too.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting book. Here’s mine.

Karen and Gerard said...

Sounds interesting. I might look up this author and start with "The Language of Secrets." Good teaser!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That is an interesting intro and the book is already on my TBR list so yes, I would read more.

Thanks for joining us this week.

Natalie @ Book Lovers Life said...

Sounds different. I've never heard of it before :-). Enjoy. http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2013/11/teaser-tuesday-12.html

Unknown said...

Although sad, this story sounds hopeful. I would keep reading. I hope you enjoy it.

JoAnn said...

Sounds like a book I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Cool teaser. Sounds like a good read. Thanks for stopping by my site.

BooksPlease said...

Tense and scary maybe even disturbing?

kayerj said...

I'd have to read a little before deciding. nice beginning though. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds suspenseful...I like the intro. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Anonymous said...

woo, creepy opening, pulling me in!

K said...

This extract almost has a tactile element to it and it's full of suspense. I would read on.

Thanks for posting on my blog!
www.theolivareader.blogspot.com

Nise' said...

The intro does grab your attention. I have not read this author.

Unknown said...

Lovely teaser. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This makes me want to know more about the three women, too. Thanks for sharing your teaser and thank you for dropping by my blog and checking my teaser, too. :)

Eustacia Tan said...

Cool teaser! It really draws you in.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

^_^