Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Top Ten favorite book settings


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Each week, we get a theme to list our top tens. 

This week's Top Ten is: Top Ten favorite book settings

This is something one has to think about. Let's see:

1) Ancient Rome: I can read anything to do with it. 
2) Mayan Civilization. It always appeals to me
3) Russia: Any book set in Russia gets me going!
4) A deserted Cabin in the mountains
5) Trains: these are a metaphor for journey of life
6) Venice
7) Any European city for Crime Fiction
8) Alaska. Somehow the cold, bleak place makes sense for life's struggles
9) Victorian Era
10) Of course, Hogwarts!!

.

9 comments:

gabrielreads said...

I love Russia as well. Boris Pasternak's book, Dr. Zhivago, is one of the greatest novels ever written. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

Anonymous said...

Russia! Mayans! Lovely list, I love your choices.

bermudaonion said...

You forgot one of my favorites - Paris!

Unknown said...

You've got the world covered :)

gautami tripathy said...

Yes, I should have mentioned Paris too!

LBC said...

A cabin in the woods is a creepy setting to me, but I suppose a lot of things could go on there. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Oh man, this is a GREAT question. I'll have to do a little bit of thinking on this and post my own list. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Deserted cabin, interesting. Would that be the "romantic" deserted cabin setting, or the "caution, horror film imminent" setting? :P So many possibilities...

Ludy said...

What a great question! Many of your answers would be on my list too, but I would substitute boats for trains. :-)