Monday, February 14, 2011

Mondays: Mailbox/What Are You Reading/Musings


Who are your favorite “romance” authors? Why?

In my school days, I used to read Mills and Boons and Harlequins. I also read a lot of Barbara Cartland novels. Now I don't read Mills & Boons/Harlequin books. But I do like romance novels by Brenda Joyce and Sandra Brown novels. Historical romances by few other authors too interest me. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mailbox Monday has moved over to LIBRARY OF CLEAN READS for the month of February 2011. 

I received the following:

Third Best by Arjun Rao. I received it from Hachette India, again without asking for it. 

Book Summary:

Welcome to Shore Mount – one of India's most prestigious co-ed residential schools. Here, short skirts reign and sports stars are revered, and skinny dips and sneaking girls into boys' rooms are as much a part of the curriculum as the cool Mr Gomez's literature lessons … Into this world arrives Nirvan Shrivastava, with tremendous expectations weighing on his shoulders. After all, he's following in the footsteps of three generations of brilliant Shrivastavas immortalized on every possible honors board in the school. As he hesitatingly negotiates the crazy roller-coaster ride that is life at Shore Mount, he finds true buddies in Gautam, an unlikely musical genius obsessed with all things edible, and Faraz, the slick ladies' man. Together the boys discover that in Shore Mount survival means much more than braving the chill of heater-less dorms, or scrubbing toilets clean with toothbrushes. And as they learn to stand up to vicious bullies on and off the playing fields and survive the agony of heartaches and broken bones, they find themselves hurtling towards adulthood far sooner than they could have ever imagined …
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Currently reading
1) The Elephant Tree by RD Ronald
2)Too Rich & Too Thin by Barbara DeShong

14 comments:

bermudaonion said...

What a nice surprise! It looks good to me!

Mystica said...

This was totally new to me. Enjoy the read.

Mason Canyon said...

It's always fun to receive a book unexpected in the mail. Happy reading, sounds interesting.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Nise' said...

I hope your unexpected arrival turns out to be a good one. Looking forward to your thought on The Elephant Tree.

Violet said...

It's great that in India too people are hoping on the online promotion bandwagon. Happy Reading!!!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You have been getting some interesting books that are new to me --enjoy

Kaye said...

Surprises are always nice. Have a great week and happy Valentine's Day!

caite said...

Not a fan of the romance books, I must admit. Not even when I was younger. I was still reading Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes back then...

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/mailbox-monday-human-bobby.html

Lori said...

I love Brenda Joyce's Master of Time series. I can’t just name one favorite romance or romance author. Here is my answer for Musing On Monday.Happy Valentine’s Day

Lori said...

I love Brenda Joyce's Master of Time series. I can’t just name one favorite romance or romance author. Here is my answer for Musing On Monday.Happy Valentine’s Day

Aisle B said...

Hmmm I wish I got books without asking for them... They magically appear... Your book fairies must love you :)

Teddy Rose said...

I hope it turns out to be a good one. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it. I received two historicals.

Anna said...

Sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it!