Saturday, February 26, 2011

Anything Goes On Saturday - Raggedy Doll made by my mom!


"Anything Goes on Saturday" is a meme hosted by Yvonne of Socrates' Book Reviews. It's a chance to choose any topic you want and talk about it on Saturday - it can be about a book, TV show, movie, a recipe or just an update on your week. Whatever you choose. 

My mom is very good at making things with her hands. She can sew, crochet and knit very well. She is now 75 years old but that has not made her less enthusiastic. I would say as days go by she is getting more and more feisty! And I love that! Today I want to share pictures of a doll she made, from waste materials. I had shown her a picture of a doll not so long ago. She only took a cursory glimpse and did not say a word and made one! She hid it from me and gave it to me today....(no, it isn't my birthday!). And I never played with dolls either. 







 I wish I had her patience and her skills! A perfect mother ends up with a very imperfect daughter! I am rather proud of her! Look at the pictures and tell me what you think?

10 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

Your mum sounds amazing. I love the doll.

Mason Canyon said...

Your mom is a very talented lady. I'm always in awe of someone who can look at something and make it. Love the doll. And, you aren't an imperfect daughter - you appreciate your mom and her ability, that says a lot.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

bermudaonion said...

So cute - your mom is very talented!

CMash said...

Amazing!! Good for her. My mother had an artistic flair, could free style paint, would crochet cresses/coats for my Barbie dolls, etc and me, I draw stick people lol. Your mom must have an incredible attitude also and that's what keeps her young.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Your mum is so talented - that doll is beautiful!

By the way - did you get my email with my address?

Kim said...

Yeah for crafty moms! {happen to kind of be one myself! :-) }
*smiles*

Nise' said...

Now, that is creative talent! Wish I had some.

Yvonne said...

That's great! I always wanted to be able to make dolls, but I'm just not creative enough and I definitely don't have the patience for it.

Anonymous said...

My mom could do all those things too, as can my sisters. Me on the other hand, not so much. I once made a skirt in school and my mom had to re-do it when I brought it home.

That doll is adorable. Your mom did an awesome job!

Carolyn Rector said...

How clever that she made the Raggedy Doll her very own with a unique quality, but close enough that everyone knows where the inspiration came from. You have a gifted mother, and you have your own gifts, how blessed. And she probably has been working on that "gift" forever, as you work on your gift of writing.