Monday, January 24, 2011

Mondays: Mailbox/What Are You Reading/Musings


Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all?

I think there are lots of books, which I love and others have not liked it. That does not really matter to me. Reading is very personal. Our tastes differ. One person's poison is other person's nectar. I love poetry but many don't. For what so ever reason. We should respect each other and go on reading what we like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mailbox Monday has moved over to Rose City Reader for the month of January 2011. 

I received NOTHING!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished only one book and have scheduled its review:
Dead Head by Rosemary Harris

My reading again, seems to be slow. Currently reading some poetry and another mystery...

20 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Hope you have a great reading week!

Here's mine:

(click my name)

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Don't you hate it when you don't get any books in a week? It drives me crazy!


Here is my weekly update

Jennifer said...

Maybe your mailbox will bring a wonderful book or two this week. Enjoy your poetry and I hope the mystery is an excellent one. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-23.html

Esme said...

Some weeks are just slow reading weeks.

Jan von Harz said...

I consider two books a week a good week for me. Luckily I had two snow days and read a lot more this week. Hope you have a better reading week this week!

Mystica said...

I hope your reading improves and that we see more of your reviews!

Gigi Ann said...

Checking in from Monday Musings, and I agree with your thoughts. It's nice we have so many genres to choose from. That way everyone is pleased.

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Checking in from Musing Mondays...

I do agree with you there... read what you love - life is too short to worry about what others think, Gautami ;)

Here's my POV: Musing Monday

Sassy Brit
Alternative-Read.com

Unknown said...

I find people who read poetry amazing :-) ... coz I can't ever figure it out myself

Anna said...

My reading has been slower since the holidays, but at least I'm reading and so are you! :) Have a great week.

Serena said...

Hope you have a good reading week. I can't believe January is nearly over!

Anonymous said...

I didn't read much either, Gautami! Maybe next week we'll have a better reading week! :-)

bermudaonion said...

I'm sure you'll get lots of books this week!

Aleetha said...

Hope you'll find a great book in local bookstore soon. Have a great week. :)

caite said...

I agree that taste in books is very personal...but does that stop us from recommending the books that we love?

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I agree about the books we choose, and how it's very personal.

Here's my musing:

(click my name)

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

I hope you find some great books that get you reading this week!

Lori said...

I agree, what one enjoys another will not. It is all about preference. Check out my answer for Monday's Musing.

Wendi said...

Sometimes it is nice to have a slower week. :) The tbr pile doesn't grow as quickly. Happy reading this week! Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have not been requesting as many books but when the mailbox is empty it makes me sad. Hope you get some goodies this week!