Thursday, June 3, 2010

Booking through long and short of it

btt button

Which do you prefer? Short stories? Or full-length novels?

I can read either, depending on my mood. When I have time constraints, I go for short stories. I even read stories online. I have discovered many short writers this way.

I love full length novels too. Because they truly give us feel of characters, places, and plots. Nowadays, I prefer to read books between 350 to 450 pages. Tomes have scared me lately. However, I do read a tome now and then.

7 comments:

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

I don't read too many short stories. I'm more of a full-length novel kind of gal. Here is my Booking Through Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I prefer novels, in general, but I have been reading more short stories lately and really enjoying them.

Hannah Stoneham said...

Well, generally i prefer novels, but this year i have discovered short stories and really enjoyed them. i would totally recommend the Wartime Stories of Mollie Panter Downes....

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting! I like the layout of your blog; I think I should find more short stories online :)

jlshall said...

I do read both, and enjoy both. But lately, I've been reading a lot more novels than short stories. I agree about reading stories online, though - it's a great way to find interesting new authors.

Clare said...

I know some people who would consider 350-450 page books tomes! Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Mervi said...

I also love both novels and short stories.