Saturday, October 17, 2009

Weekly Geeks: What tools? What Trade?

Although I am a member of GoodReads, LibraryThing and Shelfari, I seldom seem to visit those and network via those. I can't get the hang of twitter either. I don't really wish to update each and every second of my life, nor do I wish to know the same about other book bloggers.

Yes, if I get time I do try to schedule my posts in advance. Sometimes I manage, sometimes I can't. No big deal there.

My only valuable and useful tool for blogging is Google Reader. It keeps me updated about the book blogs I like to read and makes it easier for me to network. I think nothing works better than Google Reader. One can manage the feeds from one platform and that is good enough for me.

Most important tool of all is my memory. It serves me well in my review writing. I seldom consult the concerned book while writing a review even after several months. I don't write notes or anything remotely like that anywhere, other than the title and author of the book in my journal. Need I say more?

8 comments:

Erotic Horizon said...

I do try the memory thing most times - One thing I do agree with you on, I never look at reviews before I write one...

Also, Google Reader - yup that me every evening...

Thumbs up also for Twitter - While I have an account, I never talk on it.. I just use the feed...

Short and sweet this week...

Happy Weekly Geek my dear...

E.H>

pussreboots said...

I am subscribed to dozens of book blog feeds in Google Reader. My post is here.

Staci said...

I really rely on Goodreads and that is the one that I use on a daily basis. Twitter is just too time consuming for me.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Your memory sounds like a very impressive tool!

Kerrie said...

I have to write my reviews straight after finishing a book Gautami. I would be hopeless months later. My database is a great aid, and I store copies of all my reviews on Library Thing too. You are not missing much on Twitter although it is handy for promoting your blog and getting in touch with people occasionally and quickly. But I do find that I don't really want to know that someone is off to bed, or their son has just dropped his dinner on the floor

Harvee said...

Yes, I see Staci all the time on Goodreads. It's good to see comments on books you are interested in and sometimes on new books you don't know about. I try to find Goodreads friends with the same tastes in books.

BooksPlease said...

I use LibraryThing quite a bit. I'm on Twitter but usually forget to use it. Like you I think Google Reader is very useful and saves me loads of time, although I do spend quite a lot of time there.

As for my memory - well unless I take notes or write about a book straight away I have to consult the book!

taraSG said...

I've just started really using GoodReads. I LOVE GoogleReader and have no idea how people keep up with blogs without something like it.

Tara SG
25hourbooks.com