Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Finds: Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk

Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk

From Doubleday:

A man arrives at an insane asylum in contemporary Spain claiming to be the legendary navigator Christopher Columbus. Who he really is, and the events that led him to break with reality, lie at the center of this captivating, romantic, and stunningly written novel.

Found in the treacherous Strait of Gibraltar, the mysterious man who calls himself Columbus appears to be just another delirious mental patient, until he begins to tell the “true” story of how he famously obtained three ships from Spanish royalty.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I have heard some good things about this book and I'm always interested in anything that has to do with mental illnesses.

Literature Crazy said...

I just heard about this book here, and I totally want to read it too.

Great find.

Margot said...

Actually sounds like a good mystery.

Bryan R. Terry said...

That sounds fascinating. Putting it on my library wish list today.

My Finds are HERE

Anonymous said...

I ran into this somewhere, too , and it sounds fascinating.

Icedream said...

This title was floating around the back of my mind too. I so glad you listed it with the synopsis, I'm adding it to my wish list before I forget about it again. :)

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

How intriguing. I'm super curious about this one.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I was wondering about this one. I hope you read and review it...LOL so i can read more about it!

Book Dragon said...

thanks for the comment on my Friday Finds

I saw this at Book on the Nightstand - very emotional.

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten to add it to my wish list.

bermudaonion said...

This book sounds so good!

Marie Cloutier said...

sounds intriguing! :-)