Sunday, August 16, 2009

TSS: A fruitful week after a long time

In the beginning, August weather was hotter than ever. And long power outages didn't help. In school too, the situation was aggravated with no water. It was kind of hell all around. How does one read in the midst of all this? So I thought I would be going the July way where my reading slowed down. But The Second Reading Readathon helped. I read more than two books for it in 12 hours. The rains happened. Now the weather is fully conducive for reading. I have read 7 books till date and on my 8th, which I intend to finish today. (I did!) I wouldn't call it bad reading, now can I?

The Reincarnationist by M J Rose (to be reviewed)
Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke (to be reviewed)
A La Carte by Tanita S Davis
Best Intentions by Emily Listfield
Prince Rupert's Teardrops by Lisa Glass
Kill For Me by Karen Rose
Tommy Gun Tango by Brant Randall/Bruce Cook
Mare's War by Tanita S Davis

I have also been writing a lot of poetry. And creativity is a great thing, isn't it? What about you? How are you spending your sunday?

15 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

It's only ten in the morning here and all I've been doing is playing on the computer! I've got a good book going, though called The Weight of Silence and I hope to finish it today.

I see you are back in school already. Mine starts in two more weeks. Gosh, it went so fast!

Hope you had a good Sunday!

Brittanie said...

I plan on reading but I also have to finish running errands. I need to go Wal Mart, Bed Bath and Beyond, and we are doing a car switcharoo so my sister can have her car worked on this week while my Mom is out of town and she can drive hers. lol Do you have Wal Mart in India?
Why do you have long power outages and no water? I missed the second Mystery Read a thon. I think it was too close in date to the last one. Maybe they will do it again in the dead of winter. :)

bermudaonion said...

Glad things have gotten better. I do agree that rainy weather is perfect for reading.

Beth F said...

Creativity is a good thing! And so glad things are turning around for you.

Nan said...

I'm hoping to curl up with some books this afternoon but it is supposed to be another hot one here today. I don't know if I will get much read done or if I will just be sitting with a cool glass of water. :-)

Pam said...

I'm glad we're both out of our bad book slumps! Nothing on the agenda, today aside from listening to John Denver and tackling the TBR pile.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Rain is great for writing and reading! I'm glad you got some relief from the heat!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm lazing around, catching up on my reviews, preparing a big supper (hot rolls!) Relaxing on my last day of freedom.

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

I agree with you, that's good reading! Glad to see that things went better on your end :) Personally, I feel like I've been struggling a lot more with my reading this month than in July.

Meghan said...

I'm glad your reading has picked up! I'm reading some today too but not until after I've finished more work.

Rain is indeed perfect for reading! Makes me just want to sit inside and do nothing but read.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your reading has picked up now. (And it's great to hear you sound so enthusiastic and that the weather has turned!)

It sounds like a great week was had! ^-^

Alyce said...

It does help when the weather gets rainy, doesn't it? :)

JoAnn said...

Hurray for creativity...glad it's been a good week. I want to finish the new Richard Russo book today.

Yvonne said...

You are having a great reading month. I started out great in August, but now I'm kind of slowing down. I'm not sure why.

Happy Sunday!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

We're in a heat wave (expected to reach "only" 95 F, though!), so I expect I'll be inside much of the day. Not sure how much reading my kids will let me get done, but I can always choose a good book to read aloud with them .... I've been wanting to re-read CHARLOTTE'S WEB, that might be a good choice for the kids :)

Enjoy the week.