Thursday, May 1, 2008

Booking through Mayday


Quick! It’s an emergency! You just got an urgent call about a family emergency and had to rush to the airport with barely time to grab your wallet and your passport. But now, you’re stuck at the airport with nothing to read. What do you do??

And, no, you did NOT have time to grab your bookbag, or the book next to your bed. You were . . . grocery shopping when you got the call and have nothing with you but your wallet and your passport (which you fortuitously brought with you in case they asked for ID in the ethnic food aisle). This is hypothetical, remember….


Unlikely situation for me. I always keep a book in my bag. Even when grocery shopping. Wherever I go, a book goes with me. However, in those rare moments when I really do not have a book on me, I resort to writing poetry. I always carry a journal in case my muse strikes. I even jot down fleeting thoughts so that I can write about those later. Not having a book to read might be painful but not when one writes poetry the way I do! (You can check my other blog for my poetry). Also I can always sit and watch peo0ple. Best of all, I like having inner conversations with myself.

0 comments: