Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday Snapshot: More and more Saree dates


28/100

Finally the day of Inspection. Not that it causes much worry nowadays after 20 odd years of working. Yet the days leading to it are hectic. We try to complete all our records. I must say, the team was happy with the school. That makes us uplifted. The school I work is very big, in the sense that there are 4300+ girls. And there is always lack of space. For everything. Yet we cope, that too very beautifully.

As I have been draping sarees, I decided to go for something different. A multi-coloured Pasapalli. Nothing like a Sambalpuri. It works for all occasions. I decided to go for a plain green blouse. The body of the saree does not have this colour. I opted for no accessory look. My usual stuff had to work.

I made my mom take a pic in the morning as I knew there won't be any time for that in school today.


27/100

 Work is very hectic what with Central Team Inspection looming large on 25 July. No time for breathing space.

 I draped this saree to cheer myself up. It is a typical cotton saree from Baripada, Odisha. It belonged to my SIL, and she was on the verge of giving it away. I retrieved it along with two more cotton sarees. It has a Ganga Jamuna border with white, green and orangish checks on the body. A very peppy saree. I matched it with a green handloom blouse with gold border. I got a lot of praise for the same.

 My Jhumkis are from the local market and my silver bracelet is a bought from Mcleodganj, Dharmashala, HP.




26/100

Funny weather in Delhi nowadays. It rains during the weekends. On weekdays, it rains early in the morning or in the evening. Clouds don't translate into rains though. It gets so humid after the rains. Horrible. July and August are the worst months. Long dreary days and nights.

Past week, I did not drape a saree. Did not feel like. I draped this pink cotton saree today. It is a batik print. Does not seem to be THE real thing but just a print. I bought it some 20 years back, had draped it a few times. I am not much of a pink person but my colleagues told me that the colour suirs me. I accessorized it with my Silver-Turquoise earrings and bracelet.

I seem to have made a funny face in the second photo....

5 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Beautiful sarees and each one so different! I enjoy sewing and quilting, so I enjoy seeing the colorful fabrics.

bermudaonion said...

I love the pink sari the best!

westmetromommy said...

I love the pattern on Saree #28!

Louise said...

4300+ students! A large school here in Australia is 1000-1500... You're wearing beautiful sarees as always.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the inspection went well. It's always interesting to read your perspective on education in India.