Monday, April 9, 2012

Mondays: Mailbox/What Are You Reading?/Musings

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books. This month it is hosted by Cindy of Cindy's love of Books.

I did not receive anything this past week.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey

I am in the midst of reading:

The Minefields by Steven Eisner



What do you think are the top 5 books every woman should read?

There are many books that every woman should read. Instead of listing 5, I am listing 10 here, in no particular order:

1) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2) Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
3) The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
4) And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
5) The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
6) The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
7) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
8) The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
9) Beloved by Toni Morrison
10) White Teeth by Zadie Smith

20 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I'm curious about The Minefields...and I like your list of books women should read.

Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

caite said...

good list, but for some reason my answer took a different, ok, slightly adversarial, direction this week...lol

Jackie McGuinness said...

I added The Minefields to my TBR list last week so I will be interested in what you think.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've read six of your top seven :)

The Brunette Librarian said...

I love your top 10 list...and amen to Jane Eyre! Woot woot!

Happy reading this week :)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading @ the Brunette Librarian's Blog

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

I've read six of your ten! Loved The Red Tent, in fact I've read it twice! Hope you have a grand reading week!!

Jo-Jo said...

I have only read a couple on your list and I feel naughty because one of them is not Jane Eyre. I need to remedy that!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Great suggestions! Some of these are favorites of mine.

Anonymous said...

I have read 4 out of the 10, must look into some of these titles.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/mailbox-monday_09.html

Unknown said...

Great list :) I'm so glad you added Jane Eyre!

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays_09.html

bermudaonion said...

I've only read 3 of the books on your list.

Kristin said...

Great list of books that every woman should read. I've only read a few of them, so I'm going to add the others to my tbr list.

Hope you have a great week!
Kristin @ Always With a Book

Anonymous said...

You have some great books listed! Check mine out here: http://agreatescapebookblog.blogspot.com/

Kwizgiver said...

Such a great list of books! I think I've read them all!

Moniquereads said...

I've only read three out of the ten. I tried to read Gone with the Wind but ended up not even being about to get past the first 100 pages. Might try again, some day.

Mystica said...

I was quite chuffed that I've read almost your entire list!!!

Mystica said...

I was quite chuffed that I've read almost your entire list!!!

Teddyree said...

I've only read 4 from your picks but a couple more are waiting patiently for me lol
Have a great week and happy reading :)

cindysloveofbooks said...

I think its nice to have a quiet week every now and then. Happy reading.

Elisha German said...

My book club The Parchment Society read Jane Eyre in January. It was pretty good.