Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Sheik's Arranged Marriage by Susan Mallory

“King Givon came to see me this afternoon. He made these noises about us getting married. You and me. I don’t know why. We barely know each other. We’re not suited at all. We have to stop him.”

“The king made noises? Like grunts? Or was it a coughing sound.”


I used to read Mills & Boon and Silhouette romances when I was in school and college. I have read quite a lot of "Sheik" romances. I had not read a single Susan Mallory novel till date. I find she is a very popular romance novel author. However after reading this, I am not going to pick anything by this author again.

Heidi McKinley marries Jamal Khan. Theirs is an arranged marriage as desired by the king. After a disastrous start on their wedding day, Jamal stays away from Heidi. She sets about seducing him, posing as a siren, Honey Martin.

I found it silly that she thought Jamal won't recognise her. He does but he does not let her know. Then she blames him for not telling her!! I found her childish. Jamal is not so bad! 

I read it online for free. I must have been insane to do so!!

8 comments:

Nish said...

Ahha...reminds me of my teenage days when I used to read Sheik romances. Fun once in a while :)

Kathy Martin said...

Sorry you didn't care for the story. It sounds like a fun time waster to me. My teasers this week are from Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn and The Summer Invitation by Charlotte Silver. Happy reading!

Sheri said...

Sorry you didn't enjoy the book, but the teaser is interesting :) Thanks for sharing! Here is my teaser from Out of Reach by Missy Johnson!

Ellie @ Ellie Reads All the Books said...

Sorry it didn't work for you. I haven't read any sheik romances and I am not really interested in them at the moment.

Yvonne said...

I haven't read Susan Mallory's books in a long time. I used to love them.

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate it when you invest time in a book and it turns out you didn't enjoy it?

Well the teasers were interesting enough! Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

Unknown said...

I really like Mallory's contemporary domance, had no idea she wrote category. Thanks for sharing the teaser!

Rachel said...

I giggled at the teaser, but I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the book much. It always stinks when we don't like what we read. :( Better luck with your next book!

Rachel @ Paper Cuts