Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday: Mailbox/What Am I reading?/Musing

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. October host  is Gina @ Book Dragon's Lair.

I received the following novels, thanks to the authors/publicists: 
Click on the covers to know more. 










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of BooksWe discuss the books that we've read and what we're planning to read for the week.

I finished reading:

Hush Little Baby by Suzanne Refearn
Thunder Snow by Mimi Foster
The Teacher's Billionaire by Christina Tetreault
Cade by Liliana Hart
Daring Masquerade by Margaret Tanner
Never a Mistress, No longer a Maid by Maureen Driscoll
Shayla's Story by Beverly Preston

I am in the midst of reading:

The Ares Decision by Robert Ludlum and Kyle Mills
The Aryavarta Chronicles Book 1: Govinda by Krishna Udayasankar
Gifts Not Yet Given by Kergan Edwards-Stout 
The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Musing Mondays asks you to muse about something related to books each week…

• Maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

Once upon a time I used to read palms. I have a HUGE collection of books pertaining to that. Lately, I am thinking of giving those away. I find that there are many takers. Even from those who never EVER read anything! Interesting!!

31 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Ooh, I bet the new Grisham is great!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

My husband started reading the Grisham book yesterday. Hope you enjoy it!

Mystica said...


Not read a Grisham for ages. Time to get back to one I think.

Unknown said...

Looks like you have some great books. I've never heard of green tea ice cream. Have a great week.

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...


Have a great week,

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

mpartyka said...

I'm waiting to read a few reviews for Sparks new novel, hope you enjoy it.

Have a great week!

Elysium said...

Gods, Kings & Slaves sounds very interesting. Happy reading!

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

The title Thunder Snow grabbed my attention - we get that from time to time here in the winter. :) I will have to check the book out, and tell my romance book loving friend about it as well. Have a great week!

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

Didn't know Grisham had a new book out. Will have to look into that. Have a great reading week!

Harvee said...

I would love to read Inspector Singh Investigates! And I do like Green Tea ice cream, so this book also goes on my list!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have Hush Little Baby on Sparky...and can't wait to read it.

I also like the look of the Green Tea Ice Cream book. Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

DeniseF said...

Wow! Great mailbox! I have been seeing the new Grisham around a lot!

Spiced Latte said...

These look absolutely amazing, I hope you enjoyed them all!
Thanks for stopping by my post earlier :)

Doris @ OABR said...

Never Forget's cover looks interesting! Will definitely be looking more into it!

Happy reading and have an awesome week <3

Here's our IMWAYR

Nise' said...

Wow, great looking books found their way to you!

Serena said...

Looks like you got some great books.

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

What a great line up of books! The Grisham book looks really intriguing - I may have to break down and try it too! :) Happy Reading!

Anonymous said...

The edge of normal is on my TBR... What a great selection of books :-)

Greg said...

The Edge of Normal sounds like a good thriller! Have a good week...

Elizabeth said...

ENJOY your week.

Sycamore Row looks really good.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Mailbox Monday

Vicki said...

I see a few new to me books by authors I love...will be checking them out!
Here's My Mailbox Monday Post

Anonymous said...

A full and good mailbox, enjoy!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/10/mailbox-monday_28.html

JC Jones said...

You got some great looking books. Here is my MM .

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Gautami,

You have some great books this week and it was difficult to choose just a couple for my own list.

I did take a look at the John Grisham, however I have found his writing to be a little 'samey' of late, so may give him a short rest.

I love the sound of the new series debuted by Lisa Cutts and as I have never read any Asian crime writing, I am defnitely including Shamini Flint, although I might try to go back to the start of the series with this one.

Thanks for sharing your great finds, I hope that you enjoy them and have a good week.

Yvonne.

Yvonne said...

What a great list of books! I love Nicholas Sparks' books and it's been way too long since I read one. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get into the new Grisham!

Zareena said...

Nice list! I've only read a few of Nicholas Sparks' books but I really enjoyed them. Thanks for stopping by!

Zareena @ Books and Books

Martha Eskuchen said...

You have a good and varied group of books. Happy Reading!

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

Oooh I see some books mentioned here that I hadn't heard of before so thanks for mentioning them. I hope you have a great time reading your books this week.
Thanks for stopping by my It's Monday Post :)
-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

Anna said...

I haven't read a Sparks book in forever, so I'm curious about that one. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I wish you were close enough to read my palm!