Sunday, April 10, 2011

TSS/24 Hour Read-a-thon: End of Event Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I live in India. For me, the Read-a-thon started at 5:30 PM (1200GMT). I found it very difficult to sit up after 1 AM (6:30 GMT). That is, the 8th hour was tough for me. I couldn't stay awake after that.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Choose fast paced books. They keep you going. Slow books slow you down.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Cheerleaders, may the tribe increase.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
It always works well for readers!

5. How many books did you read?
I finished two books and was on my third.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
Once a Cowboy by Linda Warren (256 pages), Blue by Lou Aronica (400 pages), and The Moving finger by Agatha Christie (70/189 pages). I read 726 pages in all. Not bad considering I have a reading slump!

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Once a Cowboy by Linda Warren (256 pages)

8. Which did you enjoy least?
N/A

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Visit, Visit, Visit!!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Reader as well as cheerleader! We need more of the latter!

12 comments:

KarenSi said...

Congrats on finishing. Glad it helped with your reading slump. So glad to see someone else chose Agatha Christie to read.

Unknown said...

Congrats! I forgot to participate but I plan to next time! xD

Uniflame said...

I noticed too that we weren't with too many cheerleaders. And then it is a pity that time gets lost if you visit idle blogs.

Julie said...

Great job! I, too, had a hard time after 2 AM, which resulted in 2 naps for me in the final part of the 'thon!

bermudaonion said...

You are certainly dedicated to start the read-a-thon in the evening like that. It sounds like you did great!

Tracy said...

I agree starting in the afternoon does make it hard to get through the night. I didnt get too many hits from chearleaders, but my daughter who is 13 and joined in too got quite a few! I also found the hits got more as the readathon wore on, I guess as more and more people dropped out! See you in October

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this helped you with your reading slump! You did really well with your reading. I didn't read nearly as many pages ... but I felt so inclined to constantly search out blogs and such ... made for plenty of distractions. Congratulations on a successful read-a-thon!

katrina said...

congratulations on finishing the 24 hours, I can't imagine starting in the evening.
More cheering would have been great, this was the quietest read-a-thon at my blog ever.

Anonymous said...

Well you had the most challenging part first. Good job!

Alyce said...

Congrats on all of your reading! I didn't have time to cheer this time, but I usually cheer even if I forget to sign up for the official cheerleader list. Hopefully I'll have more time next time.

Becky said...

Congrats on the reading! I wasn't an official cheerleading, but I sure found myself going around, saying hello to a lot of folks. Honestly, it might have just been because I needed a diversion. :) Cheerleaders are pretty important though, so I agree there.

Anonymous said...

I was sad to miss another read-a-thon. Looks like everyone had fun though!