Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekly Geeks : Commenting


Everyone loves getting comments on their blog posts and I am no exception. I don't have a comment policy. I rarely reply to comments on the threads unless those are controversial. I like to comment too. There are some blogs where I comment on a daily basis. I try to comment on the memes posted by bloggers too and those who visit me. Sometimes I can keep pace, sometimes I can't.

I don't like comment moderation and to top it, there is this word verification. I have never moderated my comments by I have resorted to word verification at times. When I get trolls, that is.

I don't have a comment widget but I do get notified on my email when someone comments on any of my posts.

I do visit new blogger often if those interest me. I add those to my google reader and visit them as and when I can.

Very few people know that in blogger blog comment page, there is this option of choosing name/URL. When you click it, you can put your name in the name field and add the URL of your blog or blog post on the URL one. Clicking on your name takes it directly to your blog/blog post. Also very useful for all those bloggers, who don't use blogspot blogs. Blogspot bloggers too get direct linkiing. TRY USING IT! You will get more traffic. I know I do.


10 comments:

Erotic Horizon said...

I am the same as you - no moderation but Verification works fine for me...

Please email me and let me know of that comment thing you mention - I may already be using it - but give me some direction ....

I love little tips like this...

Happy weekly Geek my dear...

E.h>

Staci said...

Thanks for that awesome tip. I do have moderator on because without it I'm spammed several times per week and it's annoying!

bermudaonion said...

I generally don't comment on comments in threads either because I don't think anyone will come back to see what I've said. If I think they deserve an answer, I'll email them. If the question is something I think everyone would like the answer to, I will leave it in the comments.

pussreboots said...

Everything is moderated on my blog but I don't use word verification. See why here.

Care said...

Oh yes! sometimes I use the Name/URL and appreciate it when I see this option on blogspot/blogger blogs. I also very much appreciate the one stop commenting where I can type what I want to say, do the word ver if I have to, click on my identity and only hit submit ONCE. I will often skip commenting if it's hit submit, then do the word verification, hit publish again, and etc. Sorry for ranting here a bit... Thank you - I like your comment page setup. :)

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I don't like using word verification either but have had to recently too.

Lahni said...

I hate it when blogger blogs don't have the name/URL option enabled. I have a google account but it doesn't like to my blog because I don't use blogger for my book blog. (Yeah, I have a few blogs - but that's a whole different topic!)

Heidi V said...

I just wanted to let you know that your post actually got me interested in Weekly Geeks, thank you so much!

Megan said...

You make a great point about using the Name/URL field for leaving Blogger comments. It always kind of bothers me that by signing in, I'm sending people to my profile. Who cares if people see my Blogger profile? I'd much rather they saw my blog. Maybe I'll start making it a point to do that instead of logging in.

Chrisbookarama said...

I'm trying a new system for comments but only used verification out of desparation.