Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesdays: Teaser/Whereabouts

I am with Biblical Mary Magdalene and have entered her thoughts. For most part, I am a mermaid and talk of love, betrayal and loss of my legs. It can be anywhere but mostly takes place near the oceans or in the oceans. The voices might seem strange but the sentiments are universal. My movements in the poems are eternal.

~Magdalene & the Mermaids by Elizabeth Kate Switaj (poetry)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

teasertuesdays31

"Couldn't make me what you wanted
Couldn't make
................what you wanted
........No matter you forgot

condoms. Not even force
..could make.....what you wanted"

~ Page 31, The Sacrifice, Magdalene & the Mermaids by Elizabeth Kate Switaj


21 comments:

Melody said...

Great teaser! I look forward to your review soon!

Book Dragon said...

thanks for stopping by! I've got a great one for next week too ;)

I haven't heard about your book, am I supposed to laugh or cry?

Book Bird Dog said...

"Curiouser and curiouser" - Alice in Wonderland. Great tease. I am now very curious.

Teddyree said...

sounds quite different, hope you're enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Now that is striking - definitely one to investigate!

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

The Bible and mermaids, etc. all in one teaser. What am I to think?

BurtonReview said...

Wow Mary Magdalene is definitely not typically associated with mermaids.. not to my knowledge. Sounds like a FAR OUT book =)
Thanks for stopping by!

jlshall said...

That certainly is a teaser all right. Never heard of this poet before, but the book sounds intriguing.

Susan said...

Nice teaser this week! Thanks for visiting me :)

Beth F said...

Interesting teaser this week.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
That was an interesting teaser! I'll have to check this book out. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Anonymous said...

Interesting teaser.

I really need to read more poetry.

kayerj said...

sounds very interesting, at least a different and unexpected perspective. thanks for stopping by.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Very curious. Here is mine

vampira2468 said...

Really like both of them

Staci said...

Interesting and strange teaser!!

JoAnn said...

Now that's an unusual teaser - thanks!

Anonymous said...

that's a rather interesting teaser...it's got me curious now.

Missy B. said...

Good teaser! I haven't heard of this book...I'll be looking forward to your review.

Cecelia said...

Crazy-cool? Not sure what to think of this teaser, but thanks for sharing!

Jo-Jo said...

Wow this is definitely an intriguing teaser...I wonder what condoms has to do with all of this?