Friday, August 28, 2009

T'Aragam by Jack W. Regan

Title: T'Aragam
Author: Jack W. Regan
ISBN: 9781442114593
Publisher: Sweatshoppe Publications/2009
Pages: 286

Max Ransome, a 13-year-old, all of a sudden is left alone when his father is killed by the evil Wizard Zadok, who wants to control T'Aragam. Max barely excapes with his own life and is plunged into a series of adventure, which he doesn't really wish for.

Somehow he knows, he has to save T'Aragam from Zadoc and his evil workers, the phantors taking over. And he also knows he can't do it alone. He finds friends in the form of weird characters who are only too eager to help him. A Medgekin named Gramkin, two monsters Gloom and Doom and also an equuraptor who is named Dresden. These are all there when he needs them. They save his life at many points. Then there is Lord Stench, who too is evil, Captain Baggywrinkle, a mercernary...they are make the novel interesting.

With wit and humour, it really moves forward rather well. Max shows character and grow up fast too, taking the leadership of T'Aragam in his hands in no time. This book is targeted for 9-13 year olds. So it does work for that age group. However, I thought it needed more adventure and Max needed some magical powers.

Thanks to the Author, for the copy!

3 comments:

Staci said...

I'll have to look into this book because the age group is close to my middle school ages. 10-13

serendipity_viv said...

I have heard really good things about this book. I will definitely look out for it.

Anonymous said...

I have a nine year old, but I think I'll pass. Nothing you said about this one really strikes me.