Monday, August 10, 2009

Mystery Read-A-Thon Wrap up meme

1). Give us some stats: How many hours did you read? How many pages? How many books?

I read for 11 hours where I finished 2 books and was on my third one. I read 876 pages. I am kind of satisfied with myself.

Books read by me:

Kill for me by Karen Rose (416)
Best Intentions by Emily Listfield (338)
Prince Rupert's Teardrops by Lisa Glass (122/218)

2). What did you enjoy MOST about the event?

I had been slacking on my reading. This kind of helped me pick up my pace. And mysteries are great to keep the mind overactive! Another thing, it made me look for different kind of books in this genre. Most important, I won a book too from the giveaway hosted by Wendy of caribousmom. (This meme too is courtsey of her!)

3). Do you have suggestions to make this event better?

I would like more participation, more interaction between the participants and I think we all should try to get more people involved in it by blogging about it way ahead of time.

4). Would you participate in another Mystery Read-A-Thon?

Yes, definitely. And I like the genre too. There are too many choices and recommendations that I would like tp pick up!

5). Did you read a book for this event that you particularly liked and would recommend to other readers?

Kill For Me by Karen Rose is a good pick. It keeps us hooked till the end. I do recommend it!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should definitely feel satisfied with yourself! You did a fantastic amount of reading for the mystery readathon!

christina said...

I definitely think that there should be more advertisement. My schedule is always tough to commit to a 24/48 read-a-thons (whose isn't, right?) but if I know in advance I might be able to participate in the next one. :))

Wendy said...

Wow, you did great, Gautami. I agree - more advertising and participation would make this event even better. I don't know when Kathrin and Marlene are thinking of doing this again...but I'd love to help them out if they do.

Kristen M. said...

Great job! You got through a lot of pages! It was fun and I hope we do it again.

Ceri said...

Good for you. I'm glad you enjoyed and did well with your read-a-thon. :-D

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. I had actually been thinking about participating, but totally forgot. Maybe next time?

Linda Nguyen said...

Oh, I'd like to read Kill For Me by Karen Rose. I had read I Can See You from her and loved it. Great meme. Maybe I should participate in a readathon too. =)

Suko said...

I'm intrigued by these reading marathons. They definitely give you a chance to get in a decent amount of reading time. Congrats on your reading achievement!

Does everyone get together to read, or read in the privacy of their own homes?

Our library sometimes hosts a day when you can stop by and read for a few hours--and fines for overdue books are forgiven!

Anonymous said...

I always seem to be out of town when these read-a-thons happen. I love mysteries and would have loved to participate. Maybe next time. Congratulations on winning!