Saturday, June 27, 2015

Saturday Snapshot: Saree and long skirt

Summer holidays and I am looking for opportunities to drape a saree.

23 June 2015

21/100

How does one write about meeting school friends after 32+ years? All of us passed out from Lady Irwin School, Delhi. And that single fact has helped in bonding us. It hardly matters who was in Science and who was in Humanities. I don't even remember. My memory is about the good times we had in school, the reading of M&Bs in the classes, the sport activities and our teachers.

It felt good to know that all of us are doing well in our chosen fields. And it felt even better to know that the next generation is doing well too....

My saree is a Kalamkari cotton recently bought from Nalli. Very soft and easy to drape. I paired with a khadi blouse and earrings bought from a flea market. One of my friend's too turned up in a saree, a light printed chiffon.

Of course we took pictures, the grp photos and my individual saree photo.div>




26 June 2015

Last day of Summer vacations. I and mom went to my brother's place. I wore a long skirt with printed top. Sharing that here.


With my brother

5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What a fun get-together! Thanks for sharing, and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

bermudaonion said...

You look gorgeous in your sari!

Ginx Craft said...

How great to have a reunion after such a time.

Vicki said...

I love reunions with old friends!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

The sarees are beautiful and would be perfect for our warm Texas subtropical weather here.

http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/06/shibumi.html