Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: A Criminal Defense by Steven Gore

Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts this weekly meme. The idea is that you post the opening paragraph (sometimes maybe a few ) of a book you decided to read based on the opening paragraph (s).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Since matter is neither created nor destroyed, in one way or another the isn't done with Mark Hamlin.

The words had come to Harlan Donnally as he disconnected the call that wrenched him from sleep at four in the morning. And others had followed as he walked from his bungalow near San Francisco's Ocean Beach through whorls of fog and mist toward his street-lit truck.

Under ideal conditions, bodies in motion remain in motion and bodies at rest remain at rest.

But it was only now, gazing at the criminal defense attorney hanging by his neck from the Fort Point lighthouse, that Donnally realized these thoughts were reverberations from the last case he'd cleared as homicide detective a decade earlier."

14 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds intriguing. I'd keep reading.

Dark Franny said...

I agree with Pat!
Thanks for sharing, here's mine!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This sounds good; I'd keep reading -- enjoy and Thanks for joining us this week.

Harvee said...

Ooh, sounds like a grisly murder. I'm curious.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the setting...and a good mystery there is so tempting.

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds like an enthralling mystery! I'll read it.
Here's my Teaser: Tougher Than the Rest

Mei said...

Hmm, I wonder what happened back then??
Here's my Teaser Tuesday Absent by Katie Williams
Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

Unknown said...

Sounds very interesting. :)


Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
Teaser Tuesdays

Unknown said...

Sounds very interesting. :)


Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
Teaser Tuesdays

kayerj said...

mysterious! I'd read on. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Literary Feline said...

Very intriguing. A great way to open a novel, I think.

Anonymous said...

A captivating teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesday.html

fredamans said...

I am hosting a giveaway for this book on my blog!

:-)

Nise' said...

I would keep reading.