Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Abduction by John Grisham

"I doubt if he abducted her."
"Well, if he's not upstairs in his room, we may have a problem."


Title: The Abduction
Theodore Boone: The AbductionAuthor: John Grisham
ISBN: 978-0525425571
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile/2011
Pages: 256

I used to read a lot of John Grisham. The Pelican Brief is one of my favourite novels.  The Abduction was sent to me by the publisher. I was happy to receive it. But when I saw it has a teenage detective, I had my misgivings. But when I started it, I changed my mind. I am way older than the intended readership for this novel.

Theodore Boone's friend April disappears. She has a dysfunctional family and her only friend is, Theo. The police is clueless. Theo, along with his friends and an Uncle, who is the black sheep of the family, searches for her. He has a good legal knowledge (His parents are lawyers) and also has wonderful investigative skills.

This is a very enjoyable read, not too complex but keeps our interest intact till the end. It has good pace, and any adult reader too will like it. I found Theodore very knowledgeable, he hates going to school but goes nevertheless. He likes to be present in the court. This is not an blood and gore type of mystery, considering the teenage readers. That is what I liked about it. But then, John Grisham does not disappoint.


CymLowell

22 comments:

Nise' said...

I am a John Grisham fan and was exicted to read his YA series. I've got this one on my stacks.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

That teaser is so funny!!

Here is mine

Harvee/Book Dilettante said...

I haven't read any of his YA books as yet. This one sounds good.

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Er...uh oh! Not good!

Bryan R. Terry said...

I haven't read any Grisham in a long while. Maybe I need to pick one of them back up again.

My Teaser is HERE

SJ said...

I used to read John Grisham all the time haven't in a while this sounds interesting though.

My Teasers

Unknown said...

It's been a long time since I've read any Grisham. This looks good though. I'm really starting to get into the teen detective novels. They seem to have more plot -- they have to there can't be as much sex & violence ;)

My teaser this week is from ‘Deep Trouble’ by Mary Connealy.

TBM said...

I love you teaser!

Here's mine:

http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/teaser-tuesday-aug-16/

Darkfallen said...

OOOO that's intriguing...if he's not in his room, then where is he?

Stop on buy for a special Teaser/Giveaway! And while your there winning that book why not win a copy of Bloodlines by Richelle Mead!

Jennifer said...

I didn't know he did YA. I'll have to check it out!

Áine @ House Millar said...

I love Grisham! Thanks for the tease.

Here's mine - House Millar - TT

Trish said...

this actually sounds pretty good. I've never read John Grisham but I may check it out.

TRISH
Here's my Teaser Tuesday Post

Jennifer said...

Fun teaser.
My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-how-to-love-an-american-man.html

quirky girls said...

I'm eager to read this one too.

Here's mine: Quirky Girls Read

Christine Rains said...

Interesting teaser! Here's mine: http://christinerains-writer.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I didn't realize John Grisham wrote YA. I'll have to introduce hime to my daughter ;o). Great teaser!

Anonymous said...

That's a great teaser.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday_16.html

fredamans said...

I bet this is gripping!

jlshall said...

I've never read anything by John Grisham, but I've heard good things about this one. I have a feeling it's going on my TBR list. Thanks for the teaser and review!

Patricia said...

Good teaser! I have only read a couple of John Grisham's books.

http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-by-mizb-of-should-be.html

Kristin Aragon said...

I love John Grisham and sadly, had no idea he wrote anything YA. I will have to check this book out.

Here's my TT

Kristin @ <a href="http://www.angelsdemonsandvampires.com>Better Read Than Dead</a>

Cherry said...

I came from Cym Lowell's Book Review Party Wednesday (BRPW).

I am not a John Grisham reader. Not my genre. However yor review convinced me that I ought to try John Grisham. Starting with this book in particular... thanks for sharing your views! :)

Cherry Mischievous
www.cherrymischievous.com