Monday, August 22, 2011

Mondays: Mailbox/What Are You Reading/Musings

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her BooksStaci from Life in the Thumb  is hosting for the month of August.
I received two books, thanks to the author/publicist:

Moving Can Be MurderMoving Can Be Murder by Susan Santangelo


Empty nester Carol Andrews would prefer leaving her beautiful antique home feet first to selling it and moving on. But her Beloved Husband Jim convinces her that a nearby active adult community is the best fit for them at this time in life. The house sells, and Carol returns alone the night before the closing for a pity party farewell tour. And finds the dead body of the buyer in her living room. Wow. Talk about seller's remorse!


My Bollywood WeddingMy Bollywood Wedding by Rekha Waheed:

Now that Maya has found Jhanghir Khan, her perfect man, it's time to start the mammoth task of planning her dream wedding. But 15 designer wedding boutiques, seven venues, two jet-set dashes to Dubai and Dhaka, and one trip to Tiffany's later, with interfering aunties on her tail, her enthusiasm is flagging. And with the Maliks and Khans fighting over dowries and every decision related to the 600 strong guest list, Maya questions if it's all worth it—and most importantly, she starts to doubt if Jhanghir really is Mr. Right.


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.

Virtually nothing!

Do you prefer character-driven stories, or plot-driven stories?

It depends on the genre. For literary fiction, I want character driven. For Crime Fiction, I prefer plot driven. 

23 comments:

Nise' said...

The mystery sounds good.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

You always have some really interesting reads.

Here is mine

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope you enjoy both books!

Mystica said...

Hope you like them both.

Jennifer said...

I like the sound of the cozy mystery. Have a wonderful week and happy reading.
My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-53.html

Anya Millar said...

Moving is horrible but Murder? Nice set. :)

House Millar - Musing Mondays

Aine

Carol said...

My Bollywood Wedding sounds interesting.

I like your answer for Monday Musings.

carol

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

I agree on your answer with it depending on the genre. Good thoughts.

CMash said...

I think both are important but character-driven is definitely important in any genre to be believeable.

Unknown said...

Just curious, who hosts "Monday Musings"? "My Bollywood Wedding" looks interesting.

Here's my "It's Monday! What are you reading?" post.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

It's been a long time since I read a good mystery. Too long.

Here's my post for this week: It's Monday! What Are You Reading? And don't forget to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

bermudaonion said...

Both of your new books look interesting. I hope you love them!

Gigi Ann said...

I like a balance of both story and characters.

Ann said...

Oh great answer! I prefer characters but the way you've distinguished between plots and characters I'd definitely agree!

http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/08/monday-musings_22.html

Kaye said...

Moving can Be Murder sounds like such a fun read. Have a wonderful week and enjoy your new books.

Anonymous said...

Usually I like a book to be both character and plot driven, but with the emphasis on the characters.

Here's my musing: http://diannehartsocksalex.wordpress.com/alexs-blogs/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like interesting reads, enjoy!

dollycas aka Lori said...

Both of these sound good!
Happy Reading!

Staci said...

Moving Can Be Murder is right on!! Sounds like a fun cozy! Enjoy and thanks so much for stopping by to leave your link!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Moving Can Be Murder sounds very good. It sounds like a fun cozy. I hope you enjoy it.

Rachel said...

I like a bit of bollywood!

BookGal said...

Interesting musings answer. I love mystery stories, but will read through a silly plot if a like the characters.

Tea said...

I like cozies too. Would luv to read both books. The Bollywood one sounds like fun too.