Friday, August 19, 2011

Book Blogger Hop/Follow Friday

Follow Friday, is hosted by ParaJunkee,  Book Blogger Hop, is hosted by Jennifer (Crazy-For-Books), and Follow Friday 40 and over is hosted by Java.

Jennifer  asks “What’s the LONGEST book you’ve ever read?” 

 The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas (1312) and War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (1475)

A Tale of Two Cities (Paperback Classics)ParaJunkee asks " If you could write yourself a part in a book, what book would it be and what role would you play in that book?"

I think I would like to be a part of A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, depicting French Revolution. The role of Sydney Carton, of course. To know why, one has to read the novel.

Do feel free to explore my blog. You will definitely find something that interests you as I read wide range of genres, except maybe for a few. I also write poetry. You can read that on my other blog, rooted. Now go, explore both of my blogs! And follow them, if you like!! I follow blogs I like via Google Reader...

14 comments:

Mel u said...

a very interesting answer

Veens said...

I have not read the book. I will get to read it someday!

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Interesting answer. A great classic to pick! I have not read this in years. Might inspire me to reread it.

Here is my follow Friday answer. Hope you will come by for a visit and follow if you enjoy. Have a great weekend!

Shah said...

I've not read it, but I wouldn't have wanted to live then. Unless I was very rich, so that as a woman I would have a modicum of freedom. ;D

Here for F.F to say hi and follow. Also, at my link up this week - Please check out the request/offer of free-ebook for review ;D Shah.

- http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/08/some-cool-books-i-bought-lately-plus.html

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Oh, wow. I haven't read this in a LONG time. Very cool choice.

Jo K said...

Those are two books I have to read. Have a great weekend!

As the Crowe Flies and Reads said...

Ooh, I forgot all about the Dumas craze I went through as a teen. I might have to revise my answer this week...

MeikkiBeibi said...

My answer to both ;) is The Outlander.

New follower. :)
My Friday @ For The Love of Reading!

Anonymous said...

Those are two great reads, happy Friday!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/book-blogger-hop_19.html

Akelamalu said...

Very interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent answer to both! Sydney was amazing, I might pick Miss Pross, for less noble and much more bloody reason :)
jfeldt

Mystica said...

Intriguing answers! my longest book to date is Shantaram. Read over five weeks and worth it.

KarenSi said...

The Count of Monte Christo is on my tr list. I WILL finish War and Peace one day. It's the fact that I will have to start again that's putting me off even though I did enjoy it until I got distracted half way through.

aloi said...

i didnt realize the count of monte cristo was that long! :)