Monday, May 30, 2011

Mondays: Mailbox/Where Am I/Musings

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books. Mari of Mari Reads is hosting for the month of May.

I received one book in my mailbox! That too unsolicited from Hachette India!
Ten years working in one company, struggling to innovate or die, Sanchit Mishra - Sancho - is staring bleakly at his performance appraisal form, clueless about how to raise his ratings, when he decides to ask his colleague Pause Daniels to become his performance therapist. A delightful and thought-provoking story of an ordinary executive sucked into a secret world of anonymous superheroes out to revolutionise the business world, a parallel world that pumps some self-esteem into the protagonist. The action picks up when the firm is taken over by a multinational company who insist on a forced retirement scheme for the majority of the staff. An ugly industrial relations situation ensues leading to the kidnapping of the Human Resources Director.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I finished the following book:

1)  Borderlands by Brian McGilloway (CF)

And in the midst of reading 


1) Far to Go by Alison Pick
2) Silent Partner by Jennifer Chase

Posted review of 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe the last time you were stumped for something to read, and you took measures to remedy that — either by going to the bookstore, the library, or shopping elsewhere. What book did you choose? Did it get you out of your slump?

Last year I was going through a reading slump. No book held my interest. I bought The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson. It somewhat got me out of my reading slump. To speak the truth, I am still in a very reading mode.....

23 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Enjoy your books this week!

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Ooo, A Flawed God looks really good. Cant wait to read what you think of it!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I haven't hear of this one, but enjoy.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

That's a new title to me - hope you enjoy it!

Unknown said...

I haven't read Hornet's Nest yet, but I do like those books.

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/musing-mondays_30.html

Just Mom said...

The start of the description almost sounded like chick lit with a male lead but then it moved into the decption/adventure mode - enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Have a great week!
Enjoy your reading!

Nat @ Reading Romances
Small Blogs, Big Giveaways

bermudaonion said...

A Flawed God sounds fantastic! Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

Enjoy your books this week and have a wonderful end of May, beginning of June. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-41.html

Aisle B said...

I have the 2 first Larsson books staring at me.... maybe I will finally read them... decisions decisions... ;)

Mystica said...

I've read the Larsson books (two of them). The Arjun Shekhar book is new to me. Looks good.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have the Steig Larrson books so the next time I have a slump maybe I'll pick them up. Thanks for the advice! Have a great reading week.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I noticed you read Far to Go. So did I. I liked it and found it thought-provoking. Enjoy your reading week!

Maria Behar said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Gauami! I've heard of this book, but haven't read it. Not sure if I ever will, but when you post your review. I'll definitely be closer to a final decision! Lol.

dollycas aka Lori said...

I can't remember being in a reading slump I just wish I could read faster.

Nise' said...

It is always nice to get a surprise in the mailbox! Enjoy.

Kristyn said...

I hear The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is good. Stopping in to say hello for Musings Monday and am a new follower. Have a lovely week!

Serena said...

Even though you only got one book this week, it sounds like a good one. Happy reading.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Enjoy your books and Happy Reading!
I am sick this week or I would say more. Can't think right now...lol

Unknown said...

From the titles, it would seem you're doing a lot of "travelling" in your books :-)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Sounds really good -- should keep you out of a slump! Happy reading this week!

Jenny Q said...

Sounds interesting! Thanks for stopping by :)

avisannschild said...

Hope you enjoy your new book!