Thursday, June 12, 2014

Crime Fiction Pick of the Month May 2014

Crime Fiction Pick of the Month 2014
The Crime Fiction Pick of the Month meme is hosted at Mysteries in Paradise. Bloggers link to a summary post for the month, and identify a crime fiction best read of the month. I know I am doing this late but better late than never!

I read 20 novels in May. Out of which, six are Crime Fiction. 

I read Literary Fiction, Historical Romances, Poetry etc.

The following six are Crime Fiction novels

The Qualities of Wood by Mary Vensel White 
Out Of Exile by Luke Preston
To Sleep...Perchance to Die by Donald R. Grippo 
Sufficient Ransom by Sylvia Sarno 
Unseen by John Michael Hileman 
The Truth Will Out by Jane Isaac 

I pick The Truth Will Out by Jane Isaac as the Crime Fiction Pick for May 2014

Set between the Midlands and the Scottish Highlands, The Truth Will Out is a wonderful psychological crime thriller. The combination of plot and characters are very good. A very engrossing police procedural, where blood, gore and violence is not so apparent. However, the drug thing cannot be ignored.

Click on the title for my review.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

20 novels in May?! I am in awe.

TracyK said...

Your crime fiction pick sounds great. I am going to look for Jane Isaac's first novel. 20 novels, I could never read more than 10, and that doesn't happen often. Wow.

col2910 said...

I've read the Preston book myself, but haven't heard of many of the others

Bev Hankins said...

I'm not familiar with any of these. 20 books--very impressive!

thanks for stopping by mine.