Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Salon/The Sunday Post: April Wrap up post


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

First thing first. I bought Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I am just about getting familiar with it. It has calling facility too but imagine using a 7" tab as a phone!! I have already downloaded the Kindle Android Apps and will be able to read books! I am unable to copy paste text for now but learn it soon enough, I think.

Coming back to reading, April was a good month. I read 18 books and I have already read 73 out of my goal of 150 in 2014. I feel good about it.

Here is what I read in April:

73. The Virgin Hostage by Shayla Black (Erotica)
72. The Invisible Man by H G Wells (Science Fiction)
71. The Sheik's Arranged Marriage by Susan Mallory (Contemporary Romance)

70. Our Held Animal Breath by Kathryn Kirkpatrick (Poetry)
69. Dead Set by Will Carver (Crime Fiction)
68. The Virgin Concubine by Shayla Black (Erotica)
67. Silken Promises by Lisa Bingham (Historical Romance)
66. A Dangerous Affair by Caro Peacock (Victorian Mystery)
65. The Hellion and The Heartbreaker by Jennifer McNare (Historical Romance)
64. Never Too Late by Amara Royce (Historical Romance)

63. You, and Only You by Jennifer McNare (Historical Romance)
62. Dreaming of You by Jennifer McNare (Historical Romance)

61. The Scent of Dying Breaths by M. J. Rose (Suspense)
60. Controlled Hallucinations by John Sibley Williams (Poetry)
59. The Almond Tree by Michelle Cohen Corasanti (Literary Fiction)
58. Scent of Butterflies by Dora Levy Mossanen (Literary Fiction)
57. Chilled to the Bone by Quentin Bates (Crime Fiction)
56. Murder Strikes a Pose by Tracy Weber (Cozy Mystery)


Genre wise Break up:-

Crime Fiction: 5
Historical Romance: 5
Contemporary Romance: 1
Literary Fiction: 2
Science Fiction: 1
Poetry: 2
Erotica: 2

For the first time, I read Erotica and I think I have had my fill! NO MORE!!!

5 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Wow, what a great reading month for you!! And congrats on the Galaxy tab!

bermudaonion said...

I hope you love your new tablet!

Harvee said...

I have read only one on your list. Keep up the great reading work! And it's easier/faster to read books on a tablet/ereader, I find.
Harvee
Book Dilettante

Joy Weese Moll (@joyweesemoll) said...

Have fun with your new tablet!

That's a lot of books -- and such a variety!

fredamans said...

I love my Samsung phone and tablet! :-)
Happy May reading!