Monday, May 12, 2014

Musing Mondays: Mini reviews of Erotica Novels

MusingMondays5

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about something related to reading/books each week…...

This time I thought of posting a couple of Mini Reviews of two erotica novels by the same author. 


The Virgin Concubine by Shayla Black: Three brother following an ancient tradition have to marry the same woman. Rafe and Kade bring Piper to Bezakistan. Their eldest brother Tal, the sheikh has known Piper via email and phone. He has not met her before. Without her knowing, all three marry her in their country's way. And she finds herself in bed with all three!! She is not averse to it. (What else do you expect in an Erotica?!!) 

Now Khalil al Bashir has long coveted his cousin’s rule. He can't get it if their wife falls in love with them. So he has to find a way to kill her!!

Forget the sex scenes, the story line started out good but fizzled in the middle. Kade the youngest, is the hotheaded brother. Rafe is the caring, intellectual kind. Tal, the sheikh has some issues and can't allow himself to fall in love.

The Virgin Hostage by Shayla BlackKinley Kohl is kidnapped just before her nuptials to Greg JansenDominic Anthony has to avenge his sister’s murder. Brothers, Law and Riley Anders help him kidnap Kinley Kohl, taking her to the wilds of Alaska. They discover that Kinley Kohl is also a victim and now they have to protect her as well. 

They fall for her and she reciprocates. So we find all four in bed!! Having a memorable time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am not sure what made me pick one and then read another one by the same author. I must say, my curiosity was satisfied and no, I am going to pick more erotica. Give me Historical romance any time. Or better, CRIME FICTION. And POETRY!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting picks ! I've done the same recently only with paranormal romance . Some was good ,some not so .
Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting .

Alicia said...

I agree, they have to have good plots. And I love historical romance, just any historical fiction basically...
Thanks for reading my MM!

Alicia

JC Jones said...

I agree. I want more story than I usually find in erotica. Give me a historical, paranormal of contemporary any day.
MM

Anonymous said...

I've never read erotica but can safely say that it's probably not for me. This is an author I see mentioned a lot though.

Anonymous said...

Agreed on the crime fiction ! I've never read erotica till date and not planning to start soon either .....