Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday: Mailbox/What Am I reading?/Musing

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. November’s host is Crystal of I totally paused! 

 I did not receive any book, but I downloaded a lot of free e-books!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of BooksWe discuss the books that we've read and what we're planning to read for the week. 

I finished reading:

The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
Perla by Caroline De Robertis
Dead Again by Tracy Cooper-Posey
Wayward Son by Diane Roth
Sentence of Marriage by Shayne Parkinson
I am in the midst of reading:

The Land of Decoration by Grace McCleen
A Soul's Calling by Scott Bishop
The Aryavarta Chronicles Book 1: Govinda by Krishna Udayasankar
The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton
Angela's Song by AnnMarie Creedon
Cowboy for Sale by Janet Wellington
The Pirate and the Puritan by Cheryl Howe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Musing Mondays asks you to muse about something related to books each week…


• Maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

I have been teaching The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle to my Class XII girls. It is the prescribed novel for English core introduced this year. The girls and I are having great fun reading it. Initially the novel was a bit confusing for them but right now we are in the most interesting part of the novel. 

I had read it long time back, watched the movie too but re-reading was fun too!

13 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great stack of books! Enjoy your reading.

My Monday post is here.

Harvee said...

That must be fun to reach a Conan Doyle story! A good mystery too.

Unknown said...

Great mailbox! Have a great week.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I am curious about The Edge of Normal. Enjoy your week...and thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

Hound of Baskerville is fabulous. All of the Sherlock Holmes stories are wonderful :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/11/musing-mondays_18.html

Anonymous said...

nice reading program!

Gigi Ann said...

About 20 years ago I read this book when my grandson was reading it for a class in school. I haven't read it since, but if I remember correctly I enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy all of your books.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/11/mailbox-monday_18.html

Elizabeth said...

I posted a comment earlier, but it doesn't look as if it appeared.

ENJOY your week.


Link to my post is below as well as a giveaway.

BTW…Stop by for a FUN giveaway too: GIVEAWAY

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Mailbox Monday

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I remember reading the Hounds of Baskerville years ago and I remember liking it. Have a great reading week!

Suko said...

Enjoy your free ebooks! I like the way you combined your Monday memes.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I didn't read Sherlock Holmes until a few years ago. What a world I missed out on! Your students are very lucky.

Anonymous said...

What a great book to have for school reading. Great stack of books too :-)