Thursday, July 4, 2013

Booking Through Patriotism

btt button

Do you ever read books that could be considered patriotic? Rousing stories of heroes? History? Brave countrymen & women doing bold things?

What would you recommend if somebody asked you for something patriotic–no matter what your country?n Be as specific or as general as you like?

I do pick up books with heroism. Universal heroism. And history. Patriotism should not confined to one place, one single thought. 

If anyone is interested to read about India, they should read books on struggle for India's Independence.

3 comments:

Vilia said...

I haven't read any novels on India's Independence but rather non-fiction ones. I have watched quite a few Bollywood films that fall into the patriotic category though. I loved "Chak De! India" even though Australia was defeated. "Lagaan" was awesome too but very long. The other one that came to mind was "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" which champions the ordinary person.

bermudaonion said...

I read about a lot of every day heroes as well.

Unknown said...

I've never come across reading about India's Independence but I can somehow relate to the hardships that come with attaining independence. The Spaniards were in the Philippines for more than 300 years and two patriotic books were what sparked the Filipinos to fight! :)


Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
Booking Through Thursday