Thursday, January 31, 2013

Booking Through Loan

btt buttonDo you lend your books? Are any out on loan right now? Do you have any that have been loaned to you? Do you put a time limit on these? Do you think people should make an effort to read the loaned book quickly?

I lend books all the time. And I am not very particular about when one one returns those. But I do make it clear I want those back. And when I borrow a book, I try to read it quickly. Right now I have been loaned three volumes of Asterix and I have already read two and on the third one. I think, one should return loaned books with 15 days. Not more than that.  

7 comments:

Harvee said...

It's probably nice to have a personal lending library but our city has a fabulous library system that has so many books, one branch is turning down book donations!
Here's my full BTT Post On Lending Books

bermudaonion said...

I'm picky about who I lend books too because a couple people never returned the books I lent them.

Gigi Ann said...

I do loan out books that I have already read. However, I draw the line with books I haven't read yet.

Anonymous said...

I agree it's good to have rules about lending books.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/booking-through-thursday_31.html

DawnTreader said...

My answer is "it depends"... both on the book and who wants to borrow
http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.se/2013/01/btt-on-loan.html

Playing Librarian said...

I agree with you. I onced lent a book to a friend and never gotten it back :( I now restrict them to family members only.

Anonymous said...

I love to loan books but am terrible at reading the ones loaned to me!