Sunday, April 10, 2011

24 Hour Read-a-thon: Mid-Event Survey


1. What are you reading right now?
Blue by Lou Aronica

2. How many books have you read so far?
One and a half. (600 pages in total)

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Other Eyes by Barbara D'Amato

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Not much except for cooking.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I seem to coming out of my reading slump!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
It is fine except for lesser number of cheerleaders. We need MORE. I know there are MORE readers but doing the Math for reader/cheerleader, it is not THAT much!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Same as what I have been doing.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
No. I slept for more than 4 hours.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
For readers, read short, easy books. For cheerleaders, visit, visit, visit!

4 comments:

Sandy Jay said...

Wow! I didn't even know there were cheerleaders for this so obviously I didn't sign up...was there a sign up?

At any rate, you're doing good! Keep up the good work. Rah, Rah and all that cheerleady stuff.

Joy Weese Moll said...

I'm not an official cheerleader, either, but go you! You're doing great!

Becky said...

I'm not a cheerleader, but good luck as we head into the last ten hours! :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Glad you had a good readathon! And yes, I think there were less cheerleaders than years past. If only everyone could give up an hour of their readathon to cheer there'd be so many more! ;)

See you in October!