Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mondays: Mailbox/What Are You Reading/Musings

Mailbox Monday has moved over to  I'm Booking It for the month of March 2011.

I received nothing in the mailbox this week too! That makes it more than a month!

Update (I forgot!!) I did receive the following e-books in pdf forms: (it will TAKe me AGES to read those!)

1) No Turning Back by Kaylea Cross

Book Description:
CIA communications expert Samarra Wallace is on the run from a faceless enemy when she learns terrorists have kidnapped and threatened to execute her cousin. She will do whatever it takes to free her, including breaking cover to contact the former teammate she is dangerously attracted to. Now all she has to do is convince him she's not working for the bad guys.

Ex-Army Ranger Ben Sinclair isn't sure he can trust Sam, but he can't turn her away. Lives are at stake and she may be the only way to capture the terrorist mastermind his team is hunting. Despite his reservations, he finds himself falling for her. But when Sam's innocence is questioned again during a botched operation in the remote mountains of Afghanistan, the team pays a terrible price for trusting her. In the wake of that staggering betrayal Ben must decide if she's the innocent woman he fell in love with, or if she's a traitor who'd set them up to die.


2) Across Eternity by Aris Whittier


Book Description: 
 Born a genius; education, wealth, and prestige came easy to Logan Richards. Actually, there wasn’t much that Logan couldn’t learn or acquire. However, he knew there was more to life than money and power. Logan was determined to find the woman who he'd dreamed of his entire life and know what it was like to love her before he died.
    Amber Lewis, a waitress for a five-star restaurant in, Dana Point, California, was overworked, stressed, and wary of life since her sister, Heather, had passed away. Then, one evening while working she fell hopelessly in love with Logan Richards, a chivalrous man who felt deeply familiar. 
    For Amber, it was the beginning of a voyage of self-discovery and renewal. For Logan, it was the completion of life. For each of them it was the deepest sort of love.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Currently reading Silent Partner by Jennifer Chase
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Do you read books while you…
…eat? … bathe?… watch movies or tv?…  listen to music?… While you’re on the computer?

I read while listening to music and watching tv. None of the other!

17 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

No books in the mail? :( Too bad.


Here is mine

Mystica said...

Enjoy your week.

RAnn said...

I didn't get any snail mail this week either; Netgalley was good to me though

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Ah, your Monday looks about how the weather looks, outside. Empty but calm. Enjoy! :O)

DCMetroreader said...

Across Eternity sounds promising. Happy reading (even if they are PDFs)!

Unknown said...

I can't even listen to music while I read. So distracting.
Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/03/musing-mondays.html

Kate {The Parchment Girl} said...

Looks like you got a couple of good books! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you get them all at once.Come by and see mine.

Lori said...

I eat, drink, and listen to soft music when I read. Check out my full answer for this week's Monday Musing.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

None for me this week either in my mailbox but I did download 3 books on my nook. It cheered me up!

Anonymous said...

I can't concentrate on what I'm reading if the tv is going.

You can see my answer HERE

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope you enjoy the ebooks!

caite said...

on the MM question, I do most of those while reading. not inthe bath, but only because I take showers!

Aisle B said...

You killing ME! I can't take this! Just send me your address to aisleb@hotmail.com & I'll send you a BOOK! PLEASE for the mailbox sake!

YOU MUST! ;)

Nise' said...

I'll read anywhere!

Teddy Rose said...

I hope you enjoy it! I received 3, 2 were for my e-reader.

Julie said...

I can't read while I'm watching TV (I use that time to knit, crochet, or do some type of needlework).

I think that you are due for a whole SLEW of books all at once .. feast or famine, right?

Enjoy your reading week!