Monday, November 8, 2010

Mondays: Mailbox/Whereabouts/Musings

Mailbox Monday has moved over to Knitting and Sundries, for the month of November.

I received only  children's book, in the past week, thanks to the publicist:

1) Adventures of Rusty & Ginger Fox by Tim Ostermeyer
"The Adventures of Rusty & Ginger Fox" is a children's book about 2 baby foxes named Rusty and Ginger growing up in the wild and experiencing wonderful adventures. Rusty and Ginger make friends with some friendly deer, dangerous animals (including cougar, bobcats, a wolf, and some bears), find safety on Treasure Island, and befriend 2 little girls who help them open the treasure chest they find there. Inside the chest, the foxes and the children both find exciting treasures. This enjoyable story line is accompanied by beautiful wildlife photography, a "fact box" with 10 facts about each of the 7 animals in the book, and a set of each animal's footprints so that children will not only have a fun story to enjoy, but also educational facts, and realistic animal footprints to help them recognize different types of tracks in the wild.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson. Will post my review soon.

I am yet to start any other novel. Simply can't pick any....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are  your responses to this report, Trendspotting: Readers’ Spending On Books? Does it match with what you –as a reader– have observed? With your own buying habits? When was the last time you bought a book? What did you buy and why?

I don't go by trends. I buy whatever takes my fancy or whatever I have been coveting for long. The last book I was bought was The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson. Why? because I had to know all about Lisbeth Salander!! 


12 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

I will be looking forward to your review of the Larsson book. I'm having a problem picking my next audiobook too!

Anonymous said...

I received for review Expiation by Greg Messel from Author Solutions.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I need to read that next Larsson book. I read the first one and enjoyed it.

Gigi Ann said...

I do like to go book shopping, one of my favorite things to do. However, like you I only buy what I want to read, not one that is being hyped about.

bermudaonion said...

Aw, the fox book looks so sweet!

Carolyn said...

I listened to "The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing" by Melissa Bank, written 1996. Read by Lorelei King. I was capyured by the first chapter. Jane grows up and learns about love. I wish Melissa Bank had written more, only one more that I can find, "The Wonder Spot"

Aisle B said...

That's such a cute book!

I love the nature pic of the 2 foxes reminds me of a Disney moment without the animation :)

Veens said...

I want that Lisbeth book too! And that Children's book looks cute.

Staci said...

I must read the Larsson books too!! Have a great week!

pussreboots said...

Rusty and Ginger look cute. Research and wishlist books make up the bulk of my reading last week. Here's what I'm reading this week.

Anna said...

Glad you were able to finish a book! Hope the slump ends soon for you.

I hardly ever go shopping for books with particular books in mind. Usually I go to library sales and see what gems I can unearth. :)

Julie said...

I could SO see reading that book to my grandbebes for Gigi storytime! Although I read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and loved it, the next two books are sitting on my desk, mocking me for not getting to them yet!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries